1. First, I need to wish my Mom a very happy birthday! Hope you have a great day:)
2. What a miserable, freezing end to January- Bleh. The good news was a little more snow for Annabel.
3. Ben has taken to calling me by my first name to get my attention. I went through a phase like that, only I was 16. Those were good times, right Tom?
4. I've been able to catch up with some friends and am truly humbled by their strength as they face difficult times. I see the truthfulness of this quote I have hanging on my Kitchen wall, "Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a difficult battle."
5. I admit recently I have been prone to self-pity over my not-so-difficult challenges, but found comfort in this talk. Particularly this part:
The Principle of Compensation
The third thing we can do is understand the principle of compensation. The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude.
6. Thanks so much for all of the wonderful song recommendations! I am working on the playlist and will post it in the beginning of February.
7. Let the record show: "When I am a mother, there will never be quiet time!!"
(is it mean that I am writing that down to show her when she has 3 kids?)
8. Can I just say that "Lost" totally exceeded my expectations. While I am still totally confused about what the heck is going on, I just love it! Harmony, did a great post about some highlights. I would only add that Sun is totally giving me chills! Who knew she could be so mean? When she was talking to Kate and saying, "I don't blame you....how is Jack doing?" I was freaking out. Am I the only one that still is holding out hope that Jin may be alive?
9. As if the excitement over Lost is not enough proof that I have no life, I planned my evening around Josh and Anna Duggars wedding. Seriously.
10. Because I love your input, give me your best cure for the mid-winter, 7 months pregnant, worried about everyone blues.
Hope you have a great week!

10 comments:
I LOVE that picture... I don't have the cure. I wish I did, but we do a lot of popcorn, cuddle, movie nights and family game nights. It WAS fun going to some indoor play places together to get out the bent up energy. Thanks for reminding me of the struggles of others. And again, I LOVE THAT PICTURE!
I forgot to post my song choses... 1,2,3,4 by Plain White T's and Lucky by Jason Maraz.
Mid-winter preganat blues? hummmmmm.... Have you tried a pedicure? Oh.. I have a great baked french toast recipie with a carmel top!! Oh... and Girl Scout cookies are around, or at least the should be, {I've ordered mine already} and being pregenate nobody will be able to tell that you ate a whole box in one sitting. {speaking from personal experiance while pregenate with Tommy}
I need to go and get a cookie now...
Go out to dinner. You don't need to cook when you are 7 months preggo!
that is the sweetest picture...
Also, I'm grateful I'm not the only one obsessed with the Duggers. It's like a car wreck, you just can't not look...:)
Emily, My cure for the mid winter...6 mo pregnant blues is planning all the fun things you plan to do that year. I keep thinking of all the things I want to do this year and of coarse it gets me excited.
Oh, I have to add two more songs that I LOVE. They are both by Michael Buble'
"Everything"
"Save the last Dance for me"
So romantic! They just make me want to dance. And Smile:)
Hey Em... i go tanning in Jan. I know you aren't supposed to do it when you are pregnant but I did a few times and we were all ok. :) Something about sunshine and how it revives you. :) But, you know how I LOVE the sun.
I totally watched the Duggar wedding too. I even recorded it so I could go to bed a little early and watch it again the next day. I thought it was hilarious and cute!
ok, that picture of the girls and the snowman is the BEST ever! It's like a page right out of a magazine. It's my favorite picture of yours I've ever seen. Seriously.
We watched the two Duggar family shows right before the wedding, and couldn't take it anymore. We hated the way he proposed to her, and we hated how they wore matching outfits during their wedding preperations. But how WAS the actual wedding show, anyway?
Every time I hear a love song now, I think "oh, that would be a good one to send along Emily's way..." So, it's been nice to have you so much in my thoughts lately!
Are you getting lots of card making/scrapbook pages done to help combat those blues?
I commented the other day, but I don't think it saved. I just wanted to tell you that reading your blog is honestly just such a treat. I love it. And the pictures are gorgeous, as usual! Hopefully you are finally getting some blue skies and sunshine, too. Happy February!
Pssst...no matter what your comments say, just don't go tanning! ;-) (am I allowed to make jokes about it already?)
Post a Comment