1. We made it back for our trip the day before Christmas Eve. I had most everything ready, so we could relax and enjoy the holiday.
2. We were so lucky to have my sister, Laurel and her husband, Dane with us for Christmas!
3. I did have one minor meltdown over the insanely long time it took Joe to pick up the groceries (our dinner was an hour late). I thought I handled it well. Joe disagrees.
4. We had a special family home evening at Jen's house and the kids acted out the Christmas Story. It was a very fun evening. Jen had purchased some gingerbread men for the kids to decorate for Santa and to her horror, saw that they were all broke to pieces. I super glued them back together. Yes, I did.
5. Santa Claus did not bring the cupcake maker to Rachel. He did however, stuff her and Annie's stockings with sprinkles, frosting and other goodies to make their own cupcakes. They were thrilled.
6. We had a magical Christmas and a very happy new year with Joe's family in Idaho.
7. We were able to have all of the Higbee grandkids together and managed to get a photo of the occasion.
8. Ben was thrilled to see baby Kathryn again.
Rachel was concerned- which leads to our QOTD:
Rachel: Mom baby girls and baby boys both have short hair so how will we know if ours is a boy or girl?
{insert perfectly age appropriate tactful speech by me explaining the differences between boys and girls}
Rachel: (with a huge sigh of relief) Okay, so we can just check to see if it has a penis.
9. I lost every game of canasta to Dale and Sharron- still had a great time.
10. We are very happy to be home, back to school and our regular lives again. Vacations are wonderful, but sometimes it's nice to stay home and do your regular thing.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
10 on Tuesday - Holiday Recap
Posted by Emily at 7:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I guess you can be happy that she is using correct terms... I mean when she talks to her friends about her vast knowledge of babies you want her to be well informed.
thanks Racheal for making my day!
Welcome back home...hope you got to see Joe with all the crazy traveling you did! Happy New Year.
Love photo of all the little Higbee cousins, how cute!
The QOTD was just priceless!
I've never heard of superglued gingerbread men, quick thinking on your part to save the day!
What on earth is Canasta? A card game? A board game? A wii game? I seriously don't have a clue.
I think your new graphics on the blog title is totally awesome. You have a truly talented gift, my friend. You have an eye for beauty and a talent for creating beautiful things!
I love your little conversation with Rachel. I'm sure it will be fun to have those talks as Maren gets older. I can certainly wait, though.
I can't get over how CUTE Ben is. Absolute heart-breaker.
and I would freak out, too, if dinner was an hour late. geesh!
Emily, I can second the relief of being back to a normal schedule of school and daily duties. Although today is Wednesday and I am already bored. Why is it that we look forward to "hectic" a.k.a vacations/holidays?? They are so much work...but so much fun. You can't seem to have one without the other. As a parent anyway.
I laughed at your comment about dinner being an hour late. I think Orange secretely hates going to run to the store for me because no matter what...It's never fast enough. He can never do it as fast and as acurate as me. Poor guy. It is nice to hear that Joe is not as "perfect" as he seems on the outside:)
P.S. I wish I could hide you in my suitcase:( You don't know how much fun that would add to the whole thing.
We've had a similar discussion with Laci on the differences between boys and girls. The places they decide to SHARE their knowledge are of course so much fun, like loudly in a public restroom! Glad you guys had a good holiday!
Kala, Canasta is a card game the Higbee's play all of the time!
Post a Comment