Tuesday, February 17, 2009

10 on Tuesday - Wednesday edition

1. Still recovering from our "Day off" Monday. We rearranged the kids rooms and went through our closets to make room for baby.

2. Joe is a terrible hoarder and I was so proud that he was able to get rid of so much stuff. I have a terrible habit of letting stuff pile up and I am shocked at some of the things I have saved for so many years. Example: I saved the shirt that I wore when I first started dating Joe. I also have old Christmas cards that have never been mailed, coupons that expired years ago, and shoes that I have not worn the entire time we've been married. Nice.

3. Incidentally, Monday was one of several days off for Annie this month. She only has school 14 days in February.



4. Confession, sometimes I am so lazy, that I just put a handful of tums under my pillow so I won't have to sit up and get some when the heartburn hits.

5. QOTD: Ben: Mom, can you carry me downstairs?
Me: Why don't you just walk downstairs?
Ben: BECAUSE I HAVE SHOTS IN MY LEGS!!!!

6. Lost: Can somebody tell me if I am supposed to Recognize Faraday's mother from some other time? Honestly, I don't remember seeing her before, but it was such a dramatic moment, it made me wonder if I was missing something huge. Probably.

7. Joe took Ben to get a haircut and they shaved it so there was hardly any left. Still he somehow managed to get a huge wad of gum stuck in it.



8. The gum came from Rachel's preschool. She was awarded a huge thing of gum for memorizing her phone number and learning how to dial it on her own.

9. This has resulted in two giggling girls stealing my cell phone and hiding in the closet to prank call me all day long. They call and I see my cell phone on the caller id and I hear a little voice (trying not to laugh) say, "Hello, Emily- this is Aunt Shelley- do you want to hang out today?" Then they hang up and laugh at how sneaky they are.


10. I made Joe watch a special on water births on the discovery channel the other night. He still hasn't forgiven me. Incidentally, we will not be having an underwater birth, despite my fascination with the subject.

11 comments:

Des said...

oh man, Orange is a way bigger hoarder then me. I have gotten pretty good at throwing things out but it wasn't always that way. I must say every water birth I have ever watched the baby comes out so discolored. That part just makes me think no way! Besides the epidural is still and always will be my best friend no matter what anyone tells me! I am sure you will get lots of opinions on that topic. Loved your belly shot. Craving your cinnamon rolls for the last few DAYS! I might have to break down and attempt that intimidating recipe of yours:0

shel said...

Hello, Emily - (hee,hee) this is Aunt Shelley -do you want to hang out today?

Harmony said...

Somehow I missed the shots story you posted too--hilarious!

I totally missed the Daniels mother too--I'm always convinced I've seen the LOST actors other place, but usually it's other movies. Whoops!

No to be a sissy, but underwater births are not for me. You're in there with all the gunk--AUUUGGHH!

Quick, someone get me some Purell

Also, I'm starting to guess another girl from your belly shots. Go pink! Another one to prank call you all day!

Monique said...

Oh Ben cracks me up! They still give shots in his legs? You know what that reminds me of?? (for some strange reason.) When I was pregnant with Maleia (forever ago, huh?) and Haley yelled that she needed to go potty RIGHT NOW and I slipped running up your hardwood stairs while holding her. Good thing Haley's head broke the fall... poor thing. She still made it to the potty! :) And ditto on that Cinnamon roll recipe. I made it a while ago and can't make it quite like my future Catering Hero, Emily.

Do you want to hang out today? :)

Sarah said...

I'm right there with you Des, I love me my epidural. And I've found the best time to de-hoard the husband's stuff is while they're deployed. They never miss it.

Kylene said...

Putting tums under your pillow isn't lazy its smart! I tend to put them in all my pockets too, and sometimes I end up with a mess when I do laundry. Did I ever give you that butterhorn roll recipe? If not it sounds like we need to swap, I've been looking for a good cinnamon roll recipe.

Lani said...

I was wondering the same thing about Faraday's mother. I actually would like to try a water birth, but that probably won't happen with TriCare. It does look gross, but in the moment, I don't think I'd care. I also loved my epidural with Eden, I think it just depends on the situation.

Yes, I still use the cloth diapers. I use just the bumGenius 3.0's now. The two websites I found most helpful for cloth diapers (I still use both of them): www.cottonbabies.com and www.jilliansdrawers.com. I meant to blog more about the cloth diapers, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I still use them most of the time, but have found that the disposables work best for night-time now. But, the other moms I know that use the bG's don't have problems overnight, I think Jake is just a "heavy wetter." FYI, I never used the sprayer, but have heard good things about it, and now that Jake is on solids, I LOVE the flushable diaper liners- they leave almost no mess in the diaper! I don't think they work as well with the younger baby poop, but that stuff always washed out perfectly for me. (Sorry if that is TMI). Good luck!

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Emily-Who's the hoarder here?!! :)What a great feeling to clean out your closets and make room for more crap to fill them!!!
You are brilliant-Tums under the pillow-why didn't I ever think of that?
I love the photo of your tummy from the upper shot. And that cute one of Ben makes me smile!
I can't wait to meet your new baby!!!!

Gma Higbee said...

Your stories always make me smile. I sure miss those crazy kids!

Crystal said...

Okay, so this is the first time I've left a comment, but I come from a long time of lurking.

I had to tell my hubby, "Remember the Higbees?" He says no. "Remember, you thought he looked like Imotep from The Mummy movie?" He instantly knew who I was talking about. XD

The reason I needed him to know who you were? So I could tell him the prank call story. That's just awesome.

Daniel Farraday's mother was the woman that Desmond tried to buy a ring from when he was doing his crazy back and forth time travel thing back in season 3-ish. The one that told him he couldn't change time. I had no idea so many folks had this Q, I'll have to cover it on my blog. :D

{leah} said...

Steve is a big horder too, and I guess I am too, but my stuff is way more improtant than his is... {really it is}

Steve would have been happy hanging out in the waiting room when we had James, so there was no way he was going to agree with a water birth.

{love your pictures!!}