1.Took the kids to McDonalds with Jennifer today. We had happy meals and let the kids play in the new play area for as long as we could stand it. The prize in the Happy Meal was a "Kids Bop" CD. Wow. As if the food their wasn't torture enough. I've got 2 days for it to disappear before we make the 6 hour drive to Salmon. If someone doesn't lose it, Mcdonalds will be added to the list.
2. While I'm venting: Dancing with the Stars= lamest finale ever. Seriously. What a letdown.
3. Cute card:
4. It's that time of year again. Time for the annuel Chaffin family Memorial Day Campout. We've been busy with preperations. We've shopped for groceries, washed all of our sleeping bags at the laundry mat (a huge hit for the children, there's just some thing about being able to eat vending machine snacks while you actually watch the clothes get cleaned through glass doors), and baking delicious cookies! We're keeping our fingers crossed for no rain.
5. Annabel's school is having their "Crazy Dress-up week" to show their school pride. On Monday, I got my days screwed up and sent her to school in her yellow shirt (Monday was really "mismatched day". Turns out, Tuesday was the day to wear yellow. So I sent her in her dirty yellow shirt today. Tomorrow is "Wildcat Pride" which is a washout because we have no wildcat apparel. So I'm not doing so hot so far. Hopefully I will get my crap together before hat and crazy sock day.
6. More scrapping links (May is National Scrapbook month) a friend linked this blog filled with scrappy and photography goodness. Here's a great stamping blog. Finally, some scrap supplies on my wish list.
7. Also, I'm going to be doing a weekly "scrap your stash post". That's right, I'm going to be posting twice a week. What can I say, I don't get out much. I hope some of you scrappers will join the challenge to scrap your stash and work with me. You can also follow the challenge at the CK message board. The post will be on Mondays (hopefully) :).
8. QOTD: Ben (as we drive past the hospital) "Hey that's where the Doctor got mom pregnant!!"
9. It's beautiful springtime. I keep pointing out the glories of nature to our children. We were out one day and I said, "Look! It's popcorn popping on the trees!" Rachel said, "Mom, those are just flowers." Right.
10. Another reason to hate facebook: photos posted by Kip Winterowd of me at my Junior prom. Why? And I thought the photos at Laurel's wedding of me looking pregnant, but not being pregnant were bad. Don't go searching for them, Laurel has already removed them. Unfortunatly, I have less control over Kip. I'm beginning to cringe everytime I log into facebook, in fear of what I will find.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
10 on Tuesday
Posted by Emily at 1:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Yahoo! The Chaffin reunion is coming! That must mean that Memorial Day is here...where did the month go?!
So...it was the doctor that got your pregnant, eh? What a precious quote for the week by Ben.
I, myself, was singing the "Popcorn Popping" song yesterday while taking photos of the fruit tree blossoms. Who knew they really weren't popcorn-but rather flowers?! :0) What a smart girl you have!
I'm looking forward to seeing your scrapbook blogs! Maybe it'll get me in the mood to start scrappin again, I haven't done it for months and months. Much too long ago!
Have a great weekend! I can't wait to read all about it!
What a week! I will take up your challenge since it has been FOREVER since I have scrapbooked. . . I need some motivation. . . and time. Summer is coming and B will be gone for a while, so there we go.
Awesome card! Nice quote... :)
I really can't believe it is memorial day already! I wish we were a little more post baby to take the kids out camping...but it's a little too soon for us. I hope you guys have a great time and not too much rain. I am interested in what your scrappin post will include. I need some motivation. Although, I forget everytime how time consuming newborns are in the beginning. How can I possible forget? Hopefully we can get together some time in June. I could use a nice family get together. We always have so much fun with you guys! Oh, and DWTS...shocker! Did not see that coming.
Oh...I, too, have issues with the Kidz Bop CD - we listened to the whole CD (all 4 songs - whoopee) and Paige said, "I wish I would have got a toy". Oh Paige, so do I! And...facebook pictures. Not even going there. Not even I HAVE PICTURES OF ME AT 16! Whatever. Your blog is awesome - hope your baby is doing great!
We were lucky enough to snag some Kidz Bops on our way to visit you. My favorite part is that all three kids get the same thing so we end up with 3 of the exact same CD.
Have a fun weekend!!
Your kids say the funniest (and cutest) things, Darren and I crack up whenever we read your QOTD's!
love the quote of the day!
I laughed through this whole entry and screamed "I KNOW!" at the McDonalds thing. The CDs are the worst!
The tagged photos on Facebook kill me--I live in fear that my junior high school ones will show up soon (where I'm pretty sure my chest WAS actually concave!) It's so unfair--I've done so much to forget those shots!
Hope you had a great campout! Can't wait to hear the next 10 on Tuesday!
Post a Comment