1. Look at that, I promise you two posts a week and couldn't even manage one! Just a little busy this last week with recovering from the camp out, end of school activities, and a little one that really likes her Mama to hold her all day.
2. The camp out was wonderful. We had the best time catching up with family, being in the beautiful Salmon area, and watching the children play. Had a scare when Ben was playing on Robert's 4 wheeler. We noticed that the key was missing, and spent a good half hour searching Ben, the 4 wheeler, and the grass surrounding the area, finally an hour later we found it in Matthews boot. What a relief! I guess we just missed the hand off.
3. Unfortunately, I only got a handful of pictures this year. Here are some of my favorites. Look for more on Laurel's blog.
The kids loved digging in the dirt...
Darling Avery
Sara
Ben in the dirt
More mud pies
Sassy Sara would not smile
The long drive home
4. Annabel had her last day of school last week. It was bittersweet. I can't believe we are in this stage with our children already. She loved kindergarten and can't wait for first grade. We all enjoyed her program and final day of school together.
5. Yesterday was officially the first day of summer vacation. Holy cow. By 9 am, they had already torn up the entire house, and were terrorizing the neighborhood. The baby did not nap and Joe came home to a very grumpy wife.
6. Today, Avery and Becca came to play, the baby napped, Jennifer brought me a salad and good company for lunch, Joe purchased and built a swing set for the kids in the back yard, and took us all swimming and to A&W for dinner. I think summer might be okay after all.
7. If you've noticed, I've been referring to our youngest child as "the baby". It's because I'm thinking of changing her name. I realized that I rarely referred to her as Samantha, and then one day, I looked at her and thought, "She isn't Samantha, she's Susannah!" I told Joe that I had made a mistake and wanted to change her name. Joe is torn. He really likes the name Susannah, but changing her name is more evidence that he is married to a crazy person. We agreed to check into it...I will keep you posted.
8. QOTD: Ben (giving the baby a kiss) What's her name again? (Refer to #7)
9. We are anticipating Rachel's fifth birthday this Saturday, which conveniently coincides with free fishing day, and a visit from Aunt Kari and Uncle Chris. It doesn't get much better than that!
10. Sorry guys, I'm drawing a blank right now. Guess it's only nine this week!
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Ten on Tuesday
Posted by Emily at 6:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Well, I finally got my "fix"...I really miss it when you don't get a chance to blog every week! Miss, but totally understand, of course. It's been awhile since I was in your shoes (busy young mother) but some things are hard to forget!
I love all your pics. The one of Ben kissing Samantha/Susannah is such an "Awww".
Sure wish we could be there for Rachel's celebration. So crazy to realize she's going to be 5!! Give her XOs from us, ok?
What is it with kids and keys??? We looked for an hour for a key that Tommy used to lock the toy box {that doesn't lock}
And leave it to the adults to blame teh kids when things go missing.
You should just call her baby #4.
One of my baby naming books says that it;s pretty common to change the name. I get it. Besides, I like my kid's name and I still call him brother when talking to Ainsley. :D
Either name is beautiful. Good luck with making the decision (just make sure it's not hormone based)! I love that you guys go camping every year for a family reunion. So fun!
Glad you had a great trip to Salmon!
After Kanyon was born, and was named, I started calling him "the baby" and then "Bubbers". Even though I have always loved the name Kanyon, it took me a year to really feel it. So now that he's two, we half call him "Bubbers" and half call him "Kanyon". I do like Susannah, though, too for your little one. She's a beauty, regardless of her name! Good luck with the issue!
You totally make me laugh! Whether is Susannah or Savannah or Samantha or whatever, she is still PRECIOUS!
And if we are into changing names: She looks like a Mildred. :) You can call her Milly! Your welcome.
I say change away. She won't notice until she's six months old anyway and if she's anything like my son she won't know what her full name is until she goes to preschool and they make her print it. (I can just hear Jon now -"What? Why is my name so long? Do I really need to write Jonathan or can I just write Jon?") So there you go.
Looks like you had another successful kick-off to the summer! Our first camping trip this week included tons of rain and wind gusts so strong that we had to leave our tent in the dumpster on the way out :)
I knew we should have listened to Rachel and call her Sally!
I support the name changing thing. Maybe because I'm "crazy" too. But I firmly believe you'll know if the name is your childs. Even if you get it wrong early or later it'll present itself. YOu'll always know you should have changed it. I have a friend that changed each of her three kids names and the last one changed at a year. Personally that's a little too long but You're only changing one kids name. And besides ... it's a lot of presure to get the right name for a human to have for the rest of their lives. And you have to pick it without knowing them yet. Now you've known her and can pick better.
Post a Comment