1. Had a super spectacular birthday celebration on Saturday! Chris and Kari and the Kohl crew helped us celebrate and we wore them out! It started with chocolate chip pancakes and whipped cream for breakfast, then presents and a trip to the park for fishing and play. The fishing was terrible at the park, so we picked up KFC and headed for a picnic and more fishing. Then we came home for a small break before heading to the movies to see "Up" which I give two thumbs way up! Then we came home and collapsed from exhaustion.


2. The birthday girl - can't believe she is five years old! She was thrilled with the whole day - birthdays are the best!
3. Checked into the name change. Initially, it looked like it was way too complicated, but after further investigation, I learned that if the child is under a year, you have one freebie (as long as you're not changing the last name) So I think we're going to do it. We've been calling her Susannah for a week now. Joe was relieved to learn that I could only change the babies name and the rest of our children were safe.
4. Look how happy she looks! Just like a Susannah. She doesn't seem the least bit concerned that her mom is crazy!
5. Did you know that I loved Trixie Beldon as a child? I read all of the books more than once! She's just like Nancy Drew (who I also loved) but way more fun. Guess what? They're back in print! Can't wait until the girls and I can start reading them at night. What were your favorite books as a child?
6. Have to admit, I'm still struggling a bit with our summer routine. Thank goodness for $1 matinees! Jen met me today and I took Avery, Ben and Raygan to Madigascar II. Jen took Susannah, Annabel, Rachel, Rebecca, and Amelia to the Hannah Montana movie. We had the best time!
7. QOTD: conversation with Jennifer when we left the theater: Me: Are you crying? Jen: I can't help it....It was the best movie!!
8. It looks like Mondays are not going to work for my second blog post, I'm going to shoot for later in the week...Maybe Thursday?
9. Somebody is already busy making plans for her own birthday in November;)
10. I'm fighting the urge to throw in "Pride and Prejudice" and scrapbook and make cards all night long. If I didn't have to wake up with kids, I would totally do it. Instead, here's another fun blog.
p.s. I don't know what is going on with the font thing on blogger, I've tried to fix it, and have had no luck- sorry if it's hard to read!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Ten on Tuesday
Posted by Emily at 7:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You've been busy! Summer schedules are hard for me too. Keeping my kids busy has been a challenge for me too. That is so funny that you are changing her name? Did the name Susannah cross your mind before she was born or just afterward? Both names are really cute. I have had that same problem with Blogger fonts before. It should go away for your next post. Your kids and photos are cute as always. Great update.
Oh my, you take beautiful photos!! Love the idea of "Ten on Tuesday", may have to copy you! Just a couple of comments:
1. I never read Trixie books, but I read every Nancy Drew book. Have you read the modern day book that "Nancy" tells as a grown up? It's so hilarious, and Trixie is in it too. It's called Confessions of a Teen Sleuth. http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-Teen-Sleuth-Chelsea-Cain/dp/1582345112
2. How did you know that I watch Pride & Prejudice OVER and OVER and OVER while I stamp and scrap?! Glad I'm not the only one! lol!
Thanks for linking to my blog too!
I wish I would have know how easy it was to change a baby's name.... I have one that I would have changed.
I just thought you where trying to make a statement with tthe changing of the fonts.
You crack me up! I had no idea Hannah Montana was such a tear-jerker. And, to be honest, the baby does look a little bit concerned in that picture.
The birthday pictures are gorgeous! And I loved Trixie Belden...I read every one!! No one else ever seems to know about her. That's fun. Time to get them for Carlie.
Our summer starts tomorrow. What to do. What to do?
Baby Susannah is just so adorable. Not crazy, just making it right before she is 12 and has her own epiphany that she was supposed to be a Susannah... right Joe?
Post a Comment