1. Busy week. We've had sick kids, lots of school stuff, dentist appointments - basically just regular life.
2. Evelyn is still sick. She had a terrible stomach virus when we got home from Boise. It got so bad we ended up taking her to the ER. Then, just as she was starting to get better, she came down with a nasty cold (we assume she picked it up from the ER). That went to her lungs, which sent us back to the Dr. She's on breathing treatments, but struggling with the stomach virus again. YIKES! On top of it all, she's had 2 new teeth break through this last week and just the other day, Joe accidentally smacked her head against the kitchen cabinet, so she's sporting a big bruise on her forehead as well.
3. Confession: Every time we visit the Dr. I feel guilty about the rant I gave about the rotovirus vaccine. Saying kids get stomach bugs all the time and I didn't think it was necessary. I still believe it, but feel a little like those words deliberately came back to haunt me.
4. It's birthday time for Ben! Can't believe it's been six years. SIX!
5. A book recommendation: Half Broke Horses by Jeanette Wells. She does an amazing job of telling a life story in the first person narrative and what a fascinating life story! Loved it.
6. It's the kids school conference week at school this week. That means the kids only have half days for the whole week. That means that from 8 am to 12:30 pm, I literally run to get everything done I need to.
7. QOTD: Susie and I are baking cookies. I'd just finished mixing the dough and she pulled up a chair and took big swipe. Just before she put it in her mouth she stopped and said, "wait....is this poop?"
8. The problem with pinterest:
You find something like this:
and you think "that looks like a fun project to do with the kids!" so you pin it to your "with the kids board"
and $30 and five hours later you end up with this:
it was still fun.
9. Last night was the end of the basketball season for the girls. We went to round table pizza for a party and they received their participation trophies.
10. The story of my life.

4 comments:
I laughed through nearly all of this post. All except the part about little Evelyn. Poor thing, I'm so sorry that she has STILL been sick. Hope she will start to feel better. And Happy Birthday to Ben!
It's good you can hang on to your sense of humor w/ all the challenges. Poor Evelyn! Give her some extra lovies from us, ok?
That same author wrote "The Glass Castle"...LOVED it.
Give Evelyn some extra lovies for us, ok? I admire your sense of humor with all your challenges!
That same author wrote "The Glass Castle"...LOVED it.
@ #10, at least they say sorry! if my kids complain they just say gross, or disgusting. :/
Post a Comment