Tuesday, March 27, 2012

10 on Tuesday

1. This week we made 3 trips to the bank and Target for  Ben to spend his birthday money. The majority of the cash was wisely invested in Legos.

2. Ben's birthday was quite educational for Susie. She now "gets" the whole birthday thing and is so excited she can hardly stand it. We hope it lives up the hype.

3. This weekend, the kids went to the rocket launch for their Rocketry club. It was so fun. We loved being outside, launching the rockets and getting to know more people in our community.


4. This weekend we also went to "The Hunger Games" Joe was a little irritated when I left him in the huge line alone while I went for snacks. Turns out, he saw lots of people from the ward who looked at him a little strange for waiting in line to see Hunger Games opening weekend by himself.

5. We loved "The Hunger Games".

6. QOTD: Susie: "Mom, when it's my birthday, say 'Susie! It's your birthday today!!' so I know. Will you be sure to say that?" (see #2)

7. Tonight was our Relief Society birthday party.  I thought this was a big deal, so I put a skirt on. And nylons. I was the only one dressed up. It was a little awkward.

8. Evelyn has discovered that the best acoustics in the house are in the bathroom. She loves to crawl in the shower and yell, "DAAAD!" (the only word she knows).


9. A good book: The Happiness Project
10. Evelyn loves it when Annabel spins her in circles until they are both dizzy.

1 Comment:

Lisa in Seattle said...

Found you from CJane's blog.
We had our Relief Society birthday celebration last night. I also put a dress and nylons on. I was one of very few...everyone else wore jeans. I figure it's always better to be over dressed than under dressed. I think some things are getting way too casual.