Today it was rainy and cold when we dropped the kids off for school.
The house was a mess.
Susie, Evelyn and I got to work. We I cleaned and cleaned.
We didn't even have time to shower or get dressed, we were so busy scrubbing toilets, washing sheets, and sweeping floors.
Before we knew it, it was time to pick up the kids, so we hurried to the car still in our pajamas. And the car didn't start. We called the school and told them to have the kids start walking. We put some clothes on and started walking. The school wouldn't let the kids walk without me. So they waited in the office.
Did I mention it was cold and rainy and we were wet and freezing?
Today was also the day that Ben's book order arrived.
Did you know that a big birthday book order is very heavy on a cold rainy day?
Ben had to stop and relieve himself behind a big rock.
We finally made it home and flung off our wet things, turned on the fireplace, and pigged out on hot chocolate and girl scout cookies.
There is nothing like home after a long, cold walk in the rain.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Today
Posted by Emily at 4:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Comment:
Oh man what a day! Good thing there was hot chocolate and cookies to end things right! Sorry we missed you guys last weekend. I hope you guys had fun and that Ben had a happy birthday.
Post a Comment