Monday, May 5, 2008

10 On Tuesday


1. Can you believe I garden? Something I absolutely despised as a young person, I am loving as a grown-up. I have tulips and rhubarb, and lilacs, and more to come!

2. Joe has been disturbingly sick this past week with a terrible cough, sinus problems, and (the most unfortunate) a nasty eye infection- seriously gross unidentifiable gunk oozing from his eye. I cannot emphasize enough, how bad of a nurse I am. I grew up with very little sympathy for illness. If we said we were sick, we were sent to bed, and thus missed out on any fun, so mostly everyone just toughed through it without ever admitting illness. I have tried to be sympathetic to Joe's plight, while still maintaining a 15 foot "no contact zone"-Seriously, I don't want to catch that, it looks terrible!

3. Unfortunately, Jen's kids have been sick too, which has pushed me into "Lock down mode". Lock down mode is my try to prevent illness mode. It involves increased hand washing, more sanitary wipes, less contact with other people, lots of orange juice and vitamins. Normally, I wouldn't be so dramatic, but I have some fun stuff planned for this month and do not plan on missing any of it due to illness.

4. Do you ever look at the "How to" section of the Google page? Sometimes, Joe and I like to check them out. Today's spoke to me! I NEED TO DO THIS!

5. Remember when I said that Ben was revolting against all things girl? Well, an exception has been made for this very Masculine purse. Jill made it for Annabel, and Ben has taken a particular liking to it. His very own "Man Purse".

6. Preparations have begun for the annual "Chaffin Family Memorial Day Camp out". Preparations are almost more fun than the actual camp out and include, but are not limited to:

a. Numerous phone calls to various family members to coordinate plans for schedule, children's activities, and the oh-so-controversial meal plan.

b. Shopping for a new tent (for some reason, people look at us funny when we tell them we just put Ben in his own tent).
c. Shopping for new sleeping bags- Mostly to appease my concern that our children will freeze to death, which by the way, I do not at all find overly dramatic considering it snowed again on Monday. Side note- there is nothing less fun than shopping for sleeping bags with three children under the age of 5.

d. Figuring out a way to get all of this to Idaho- Joe handles this. Actually, to be perfectly honest, Joe will handle all of the above. I will bake yummy treats, bring plenty of gossip magazines, and make sure the camera is charged.

7. QOTD: (Our neighbor, Jake was over playing with the Girls)

Jake: When I was in Texas, I went fishing with my uncle Cam

Annie: We have an Uncle named Uncle Mike

Jake: I bet he's crazy

Rachel: Well.....he is a little silly.

8. Mother's Day is just around the corner. If you are worried your husband or children have done nothing, then send them here! Here are some fun links that would make fabulous gifts for any mother. On my wish list, dreamy soaps, for the home, good books, jewelry, the best chocolate, more scrapping stuff. Please link some of your favorites in the comments!

9. Can you believe this lovely thing is mine? She got to stay up a little later than the others because she was being such a good helper.


10. Due to a major emotional breakdown and an overly dramatic outburst regarding judging, my favorite couple, Shannon and Derrick have been voted off dancing with the stars. I'm torn, I can't in good conscience vote for Kristy, who in my opinion has an unfair advantage with her extensive training in skating. Edyta is my least favorite dancer, so the football player is out......hmmm I can't stop watching.....or can I? Probably not.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em~ I was just checking out your blog and thought that you may enjoy this bakerella.blogspot.com It is such a cute site!!

{leah} said...

Ben I love your "Man Purse"! it looks good on you! and I really enjoy all the websites for mother's day gifts.

Jess and the KIDS!!!! said...

Em,
I am glad someone else has learned to enjoy gardening too! Brendan still is amazed that I have come to my "Mormon" senses and see the Light of gardening. I use to say I refuse to do it just on principle. If I don't enjoy it I won't do it. Well Holy cow I actually do enjoy it! BTW I love ben's purse. My middle Kyle lives to dress up like a princess and kill people with his machine gun while looking so cute! Oh I am glad that it hasn't snowed yet this week:) take care

Kellie said...

Remind me NOT to do the meals again next year for Memorial Weekend! I've been complained to, cursed at (can you guess who?), and argued with! Next year just tell me when my Dad's meal is and we'll be there to help! BTW Loved Ben's purse, Porter is currently into the stroller!