Tuesday, May 13, 2008

10 on Tuesday

1. We had a great Mother's Day weekend with 2 crazy road trips, one where we bought a new tent, and another where we saw our Moms and Grandmas, the kids were thrilled to see everyone and were super wound up/crazy exhausted through the whole weekend.


2. We have already set up the tent in the back yard to make sure it would work for us. I think it will and Joe wishes we had more room.

3. QOTD-(Rachel and I were pretending she was a baby pink unicorn learning how to fly)
Annie: "Oh my goodness! That Pink Unicorn looks like a wolf to me! I need to hide my babies!"

4. Joe and I are still working on our basement. We are hanging stuff on the walls now, which has and continues to be very controversial. We disagree on where to hang things, how to hang them, what colors to use, and it always, always goes back to the now infamous "Simplify" sign. The hugely ironic sign I purchased to remind us to simplify. I know Joe secretly wants to throw me through the window, but he hangs right in there, and we finish it, and it looks great! I especially love this little tree growing out of a row house- Joe may have rolled his eyes a little about that one:)


5. Just when I think his brown eyes couldn't look any bigger, we give him a haircut and that's all you see! Is it just me, or does he seem like a little boy now?

and don't blame me for his crazy outfit! I had him dressed in normal clothes, and darned if he didn't turn right around and climb back in the bathtub fully dressed. This was a back-up.

6. The "Little Griz" graduation is tomorrow and preschool will end. We are all very sad.

7. I have a new favorite! It's this. Joe bought me one for Mother's Day and I love it! I also like the passion fruit guava scent. They go on sale June 2-8 if you want to get some!



8. I've been making some cards lately. I'm not the best card maker, but it's fun to use up some scraps. If you like to make cards, She is the queen of cards-check her stuff out!

9. While we were in Salt Lake, we stopped at IKEA, and I drooled over this, this, and this, and we bought a new duvet cover.

10. I'm counting down the minutes until Friday, when I have a getaway weekend with some girlfriends from Maryland-WooHoo!

6 comments:

Harmony said...

What cool cards!

I miss IKEA! We needed shelves at the new house, and where else do you get shelves than IKEA?

Have fun on the getaway weekend!

shel said...

I LOVE your card! "I'm not the best card maker." ???? what are you talking about...looks professional.

Ben looks like he's ready to start school, can you believe it? What's wrong with the outfit, by the way?

Enjoy the time off this weekend!

p.s. Passionfruit is my favorite wallflower...and I also love the fresh linen (or is it clean linen).

{leah} said...

It's amazing that a hair cut will turn a boy from a baby into a kid. I love your card by the way I think it looks great!

Gma Higbee said...

MY favorite wallflower scent WAS "Tropical Passionfruit"...and it's been discontinued! How frustrating. I wish I'd known it was going to happen. I would have stocked up!
Ben does look older, but he's just sooo much fun these days, as I can testify after Mother's Day weekend. He's a real tease like his dad...and that smile of his is a killer!

Des said...

Emily My pick of what to comment on this week was easy....Ben has changed holy cow!! Just looking at that adorable picture and comparing it to the one on the left side column. What a difference! And for the first time I thought how much he looked like Joe. I always kind of leaned more to him looking like you. SO CUTE!

Salmon Tolman Family said...

I love reading your Tuesday Tens!