Tuesday, June 24, 2008

10 on Tuesday

1. Desiray came over to hang out yesterday and we had the best time! The kids played their guts out and we talked, had Cafe Rio for lunch, played the piano, and laughed. It was sooo fun and we can't wait until next time!

2. We went swimming with Jen and the girls today. The kids were little fishies and swam for hours. They loved being with their cousins and came home very exhausted.

3. QOTD: (Rachel with tears in her eyes) "Mom we're playing a game and Annie said there's no pink unicorns allowed- only horses and Dinosaurs."

4. We are headed to Boise this weekend for Joe's sisters wedding. The girls are going to be flower girls. Honestly I haven't told them yet. I have a hard enough time getting them to bed and I know they would not stop asking how long until the wedding. I think I will wait until the rehearsal dinner and spring it on them. It will be like Christmas.
5. I made this fun "ring nest" for their wedding- I think it turned out pretty cute.
6. Things were starting to pile up around here, so I signed up for flylady. Desiray does it and her house is always spotless. It's going well so far. A lot of emails. A lot of emails.

7. While I was making Kari's nest, I made a wedding card too:
8. Joe is very tired. He has a busy class schedule this semester with a night class every night. We are both counting down the minutes until it is over.

9. Ben is making more conversation now that he doesn't have a pacifier in his mouth 24/7.

10. I was editing some photos the other day and came across this gem:
My brother Andrew, don't let the mean face scare you- he's a great guy, okay sometimes he's moody, but very good looking- Don't you agree?

6 comments:

Heather said...

Clicked on Flylady--a little overwhelming. I think I'll try to keep up with the zones, though. That seems like a good idea.

The Galan Family said...

So fun that you and Des got together. Good for you! The ring nest and card are adorable as usual. I have to do the same thing with my kids; wait to tell them anything or it's all I hear about. Have a fun weekend in Boise.

Kellie said...

I agree Flylady does have a ton of e-mails but you'll figure out REAL quick most of them are repeats and they repeat alot, some daily, weekly, and monthly! But once you get the idea down you can stop the e-mails!! When and where in Boise are you going to be this weekend? Our youth have a temple trip Saturday so we will be there too! Would love to try to see you guys.

Jess and the KIDS!!!! said...

I looked at flylady once in maryland....totally overwhelmed me!so a friend of mine with lots of kids helped me arrange a schedule.i figured out that if i spend just 30 -45 minutes a day at the same time, my house chores are always done and i don't feel like my kids are being neglected. i am sure it's similar to flylady. just pick what days you are going to do what and then that's all you do . btw the nest and card were too cute. have a great trip in boise. I abolutely hate that drive. we make it every month. how much longer until joe's finished with school. brendan just registered again for fall. it will be nicer than last semester since he is on a different work schedule(2-10p, instead of days) no more night classes every night.

Salmon Tolman Family said...

My sister does FlyLady and loves it! I have my own little schedule, with every day focusing on a different area in the house. Anyhoo, LOVED the pic of Andrew! You are such an excellent photographer and I love your perspective that always shows through the shots you take! Have a great upcoming weekend at the wedding! I thought the wedding card was adorable, of course! You are so talented in that as well.

EmilieAn said...

I loved the fly lady for a while... it was the emails that did me in. I keep the sink thing and the quick straightening up thing and the little every day... but I like to only do one big chore a day. That way it's good.

Miss you guys.