1. Lots to catch up on this week! We've been crazy busy and will be until the second weekend in July with fun and family mostly!

2. I'd like to introduce Ballerina, Wonder, and Bob- Can you guess which one belongs to which kid? We took the train to the city and took the kids to Build a Bear for Rachel's birthday. It was a huge hit! The kids were thrilled with the train ride and The Build a Bear was so much fun! Seriously, if I weren't a grown woman of thirty, I'd have built one myself. Instead, I lovingly dress them and help the girls fix their hair. There is something comforting about having a little cuddly thing that doesn't cry, eat, or poop.
3. Joe's work had their annual trip to Lagoon and we timed it just right to be there with Shelley and Chris and Maren and her kids. The kids loved being with their cousins and had a great time. Rachel has a huge fear of heights, so she spent a lot of time on the boats and the speedway racer, still a good time for all.
4. Today is our 8th anniversary. 8 years, 8 moves, 5 states, 2 countries, 3 kids, 3 cars, a ton of fun, a few tears, and lots of love. I can't wait to see what the next 8 bring!
5. Because it's our 8th anniversary, I went to Taco Bell to pick up some lunch to surprise Joe with- You know the 1st year is paper, the second is cotton, year four is flowers, and 8 is tacos. Anyway, I've had some trouble with this taco bell and after today, I've had to add it to my list of businesses to boycott for life, along with the concession stand at Mount Vernon, and The Sears in Monterrey, California. Consequently, Joe got Sonic for his anniversary.
6. We are all taking swimming lessons and it is a huge hit. Annie is really good at floating on her back, Rachel is great at floating on her stomach, and Ben loves to do the Hokie Pokie in the water. I was a little cold the first week, but doing better this week.
7. Quote of the day: (Rachel is following me everywhere nagging)
Me: Why don't you go play with Annie and Ben?
Rachel: Annie and Ben just don't understand me.
8. I'm proud to say that we are on day 3 of operation no pacifier. Pray for us.
9. I'm almost done with "Mansfield Park" I've got to say, not my favorite. I know that Fanny is this super moral person and that is admirable, but at times I'm just thinking, "oh my gosh! Lighten up a little!" and Edmund is no Mr. Darcy.
10. Sorry this is posted on Wednesday. Joe took me out for our anniversary. We went to Chili's (does anyone else think of the Dundee award ceremonies when they hear Chili's?), split a salad and watched the game.
9 comments:
Happy Anniversary! You do sound busy. I loved your QOTD It is hard to know what is going on in their heads sometimes. Hard to remember that what they are feeling is real to them even at such a young age. OR Shocking to hear what they come up with to justify their nagging and constant following. Can't wait to see you and catch up! I love Chili's it used to be my favorite until I went to cheesecake Factory and PF Chang's. Now it's a toss up.
Your Ten On Tuesday are SO hilarious!
I love Build A Bear! I have no shame--I totally make my own. I now have an elephant dressed as a dashing Naval officer.
Happy Anniversary! Your 8 is tacos comment made me laugh so hard!
Just for you from The Office:
Michael: Chili's is the new golf course. It's where business happens. Small Businessman Magazine.
Jan: It said that?
Michael: It will. I sent it in. Letter to the Editor.
My longest comment EVA!
Happy Anniversary Em & Joe! I had no ideas that year 8 was the taco year...I guess I missed that memo!!! Sonic is SOO much better, good choice! Bravo to you for taking the little ones to Lagoon. I took the boys 2 years ago, and decided I wouldn't try again for another 10!!! Rachel's bday sounded fun...is there a train in Logan? I had no idea. I loved the photo of the new bears you built! That's fun that EVERYONE got something new for RACHEL's birthday! It sounds like a winning party!
Happy Anniversary to you guys! Glad you guys got to go out. And Sonic IS way better than Taco Bell. What train did you take to what city? And then Lagoon?? You guys are so much fun. I also have a long list of boycotted businesses. It includes all the scummy Walmarts and many more.
By the way, I love your new header.
Happy Anniversary! Sorry about your tacos. Did you tell them that they were ruining your anniversary?
I noticed you header too, and I love it!
I was delighted to see your post, I kept checking on tuesday and when it didn't show up I got a little worried. Happy Anniversary! and Happy Birthday Rachel!
sounds like busy fun! is there really any other kind?
Em, what's with craziness in summer? I totally thought it was the time to relax. We've been crazy busy, too! Congrats on your 8 fabuloso years. I love the idea of a scrap layout, titles Boycot. Although, not likely to get pubbed! :)
Post a Comment