Tuesday, June 3, 2008

10 on Tuesday

1. It's officially summer vacation. I was a little worried that everyone would be bored, but so far (with the exception of a few messes), everyone is having a great time! We haven't even started with the T-ball, swimming lessons, and wedding adventures yet- So I think we'll do just fine.


2. I noticed that there have been very few pictures of this one posted lately...I wonder why that is?
3. QOTD: (I am up to my elbows in peanut butter trying to get the massive wad of gum out of Annies hair)
Me: NO MORE GUM!!! WHO PUT THIS GUM IN HER HAIR!?!?
Ben: (Nothing)
Annie: It wasn't me
Rachel: Maybe the gum was just sitting there, and then someone turned the fan on and it just blew in her hair!

4. It's a huge sale at Bath and Body Works, lots of stuff for 75% off!

5. While I was at the mall, I stopped at the bookstore and picked up "Mansfield Park", I figured since I liked "Persuasion" so much, I would read another (yes until now, I had only read "Pride and Prejudice" and "Emma"). I'll keep you posted.

6. We are making preparations for Rachel's birthday bash, anyone know where we can pick up a baby pink flying unicorn that turns real?

7. Am still piecing together the season finale of "Lost" How can that show still be so confusing and creepy and still have me waiting on pins and needles until it starts again in February?

8. We have already gone through an entire box of these- They are just the perfect summer treat!

9. About a month ago, the girls and I planted lots of seeds in anticipation of our huge garden we were having this year. Sadly, only two have survived the ordeal of growing in our house, and we will be buying starts at shopko again this year.

10. Joe and I went to pick up a new drying rack for the laundry, and I got mad at him for questioning my choice. Seriously, I do the laundry, I'll pick the rack! So, I did. Then we went home and I broke it to pieces putting it together. OHH I hate it that he's always right!!! Then I remember why it is I love him so much:

9 comments:

{leah} said...

Ok so I think I speak for everyone when I say that I wait and wait for Tuesday to come to read your post. That said.... How can people still be "Lost" and have tons of medical supplies, endless amounts of food, you think they would be loosing weight over the couse of this series, and be able to find the exact part make a bomb? (ok so I've never watched it but still)
I'll have to watch where I put my gum so the fan doesn't blow it into someone's hair. And I'll keep a look out for a unicorn. When did kids stop asking for the easy things like ponies?

Heather said...

I can't wait until I get the questions you get. And the guys are ALWAYS right. Why can't we learn that the first time around? I still fight it!

Just a note: Persuasion and Pride and Prejudice are both better than any of her other books. Emma is good, Sense and Sensibility is pretty slow, but okay. All the others are fast reads, but not quite as good. Still, it IS Jane Austen. Can't go wrong, right?

shel said...

I seriously HATE it when that happens with my gum and the stinkin' fan!

Harmony said...

I'm with everyone else--I LOVE your Tuesday posts.

Isn't it the worst when husbands are right? I still have half installed crooked shelves that I won't admit I have no idea how to finish!

Happy Summer!

Jess and the KIDS!!!! said...

Love the b-day request! About tina...she doesn't have a blog....too busy! I am way excited for her...especially after Davin. Good luck with the garden. sorry you have to buy starts. I always do because i Never have luck with certain seeds. take care

Dorian said...

I live for Tuesdays! I wish I was witty enough to put one on my website. Isn't it amazing how we get so frustrated with our husbands but then 2 seconds later they are so dang cute?! That is even more frustrating! :)

Des said...

Emily, I want to comment on the last 2 post. I have been without internet and going crazy!! I can open stuff with my phone and I did but It was not so much fun scrolling down and to the side to try and get all the info. And the pictures were hard to get. ANYWAY, Your campout looked pretty fun. Everytime I see pictures of Joe goofing around it makes me miss Orange terribly. They are so similar and do the same little things. I was laughing about the gum. NO gum for my kids until they are 18! (JK) That is a shame about the drying rack. It is hard to swallow when they end up being right. It seems to run 50/50 when it comes to decisions for us. We do shopko too...love it! As far as the unicorn goes, get her a toy one and wrap it with a fasinating story for her to imagine with. It seems to work for our kids. Anyway, super fun post!

The Galan Family said...

Love this post. You just have a way of summing up your whole week so well. We have almost gone through a whole box of otter pops too. Except ours are called something else, but I've called them otter pops ever since I was little. They are delish! Love the part about Joe, I don't really relate because I am the one that's ALWAYS right! :)

Salmon Tolman Family said...

What a precious photo of Joe and the kids! You are an excellent photographer! I had a hard enough time getting through all of Pride and Prejudice. It moves so slowly, and I find myself falling asleep at night when I read it. But I finished it, only because we read it in our book club. Even though I had seen the movie and knew how it ended, I wanted to complete it. Hope you enjoy reading Jane's other books!