Dear Rachel,
Happy Birthday sweetheart! I can't believe it's been 4 years since you came into our lives. I remember how excited we were to find out we were having another little girl. Almost as soon as we had Annabel, we knew that there was another little girl waiting to come to our family. A lot of people thought we were crazy, because we decided not to make you wait any longer and you were born while your daddy was deployed to Korea. Every day, we are so glad we made that decision because you add so much to our family! You have a zest for life and a sweetness about you that makes everyone happy to be with you.
I can remember the day you were born, I was working to clean the house for your arrival and I couldn't tell if I was really in labor. Finally, Papa Tom convinced me and Grandma to go to the hospital- and it's a good thing we did, because it was a 3 hour drive! You were ready to be born almost as soon as we got there! Jennifer and your cousin Becca (who was only two months old) came to see you born. You were the easiest delivery ever! Dad was listening on the cell phone and came to see you the day after. You had lots of visitors. Both sets of grandparents, Great- grandparents, lots of Aunts and Uncles and friends. It was like everyone knew just how special you were and couldn't wait to meet you!
Since that time, you have continued to add love and excitement to our lives. You kept us all on our toes that first few months, but because it was you, nobody minded pacing the floor to keep you happy. One night, Uncle Daniel bounced you in his arms for hours so I could get a little rest! Once you could move around a little, you were very independent and content to play and crawl and explore, and you are still very independent and content!
We are so thrilled to be your parents and so excited to see you grow in to such a lovely girl!
We love you! Love, Mom and Dad

10 comments:
i love that this is a letter to her! that is very special and she will love it someday!
thanks for sharing!
Happy Birthday Rachel!
I remember when she was little and would make beds all over your house. And just wanted any color Annabel wanted, but she didn't know her colors yet, so she was easily appeased. :) Oh and PB & Js were a favorite! Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday to Rachel! Is she 4 already!? What a cute little munchkin. Have a fun day!
What a cute love letter! She is getting so big--I totally thought it was Annie when I glanced at it!
Happy Birthday Rachel!
Happy Birthday Rachel! I forget how close your's and Laci's birthdays are! We really need to get the two of you together to play sometime! Em I love your new banner at the top, you'll have to tell me how you do that! BTW did you know you can make the outline/frame bigger to fit your banner? Let me know if you'd like me to walk you through it!
Happy Birthday Rachel, we were so sad to miss your party! But we celebrated too. Thanks Em for the cute dresses for the girls...they love them!
So is so cute! I am glad that her birthday turned out to be a blast. Happy Birthday Rachel!! Great photo as always.
I remember when she was born! WOW! Okay, so I'm wondering....Where's the Tuesday 10? I noticed you changed your homepage from spring to summer....did it take you all day to do that one again, is that why there hasn't been anything posted for such a long time? I'm DYING to read another of your posts! (just thought I'd let you know!) :o)
We sure love that sweet Rachel with the personality-plus!
Post a Comment