1. First, I don't want any lip from anyone for posting today- I've been checking and very few of you have been updating your blogs lately. So I'm a day late. It's not the first time, people.
2. On Friday, I went to fix the kids some sandwiches for lunch and I noticed the entire jar of peanut butter was missing. Since then, I've lived in constant fear of where and how it will turn up. I'll keep you posted.
3. QOTD: Rachel (as she is studying my wedding ring) "Mom, how come you never take this ring off?"
Me: "Because it's special and it helps me to remember Daddy and how much I love him."
Rachel: "I know just what you mean. If you don't wear it, you might forget his name."
Exactly.
4. They have been hatching chicks at Annie's school this week. Her teacher sent a note asking for volunteers to bring the chicks home once they have hatched. I did not respond to the note, and have since been worried that I should have taken a more proactive approach. Perhaps I should have emailed her and said, "under no circumstances will any chicks be brought into my home." Today I realized that is exactly what I should have done. When I picked Annie up from school, she said, "We need to pick up our chick at 2:30!!"
5. Annabel finally lost her tooth. It was a huge relief for all of us. The tooth fairy has not come to visit yet, since Annie decided she would like to hang on to it for a while and show it to everyone she knows.
6. Confession: Remember how I bought fabric and made just one boy blanket and one girl blanket? Well, a couple of weeks ago, we were sorting through our baby things, and to my horror, Joe pulled out the beginnings of not one, not two, but five different baby blankets. Okay six. That's right, seven different times I purchased fabric and began sewing a baby blanket for me or one of my friends or family members and never finished one of them. I repented and am happy to report that I am finishing the last one now.
7. Just wanted to thank you for all your kind words on last weeks post. Very encouraging and what has helped me make it to this point- only 10 more days!
8. Rachel has nearly licked her upper lip off this week. It looks terrible and she is carrying a tube of medicine with her to try to get it healed up. I remember as a child looking at those kids like they were freaks-who does that?
9. Ben has taken to dressing himself. He prefers shorts and cowboy boots.
10. For anyone wondering- yes that's me in the April Creating Keepsakes! Yay!
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Ten on Tuesday
Posted by Emily at 1:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Congratulations on the "Creating Keepsakes" inclusion! You rock at scrapbooking (and so many other things, baby blankets for one!).
I've been waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for this news to come out!! Finally you bragged!!
This is NO ApRIL FooLS.
You clever girl! Sewing baby blankets AND scrapping magnificent photo pages...How do you do it all? And do it so well! You're just amazing. Is everyone enjoying the new addition to your household? (I mean the chick, of course.)Love ya!
I could not imagine a baby chick with a baby of your own almost here. So sorry!! I think I would have played the baby card on that one. I have also noticed that blogs are not being updated recently. Of coarse I am not complaining or I would be a huge hippocrite. I am so impressed with your completion of ALL those baby blankets. Although what's a girl to do when hubby points out the dark secret? It would be a huge shame to be banned to shop our crazy habits. Not that Joe would even really BAN you but I am sure you would be given a hard time:) Those are worse sometimes!
What the H? You little published thing, you! Are you sure it's the April one?? I can't find you.
Fun post!!! The girls look beautiful!
Unbelievable! I just let my Creating Keepsakes subscription die LAST month! Only one more month, and I would've had evidence that my friend is a super star!
I'm so proud of you for all those completed blankets! You are THE woman!!!
Do you think maybe somebody just ate the PB and threw it away?! I hope so, for your sake!!!
I'm glad her tooth finally fell out. When Jonah's two front teeth were pulled, he held on to them to show them to people to-and then he lost them. We had to write a note to the tooth fairy explaining. Kids are so cute! Losing your first tooth is such a major accomplishment to a five year old, is it not?!
Good luck Emily on your delivery! I look forward, with much anticipation, to the first blog following the arrival of the newest Higbee!
My mistake, it's actually the May Creating keepsakes. Also, we did not bring the chick home, the promise of a new baby to play with helped with that transition;)
We were both CRACKING UP at Rachel's QOTD. And I applaud you for finishing those blankets. I probably have as many started in my closet, but I don't have hope for having girls, so they're all cars and cowboys.
As for the chick... I know a great farm you can send it to...
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who would forget Steve's name if I took my ring off... :)
{I finally updadted my blog....}
Sending you Get-unprengnate wishes your way.
I am SO impressed that you finished so many blankets so quickly. You rock, Emily. Way to go on the publication, too. It makes me want to run down the street to Michael's right now. You are so great at the scrapping thing! -M
Of COURSE you got published!! I am so proud of you! HOW DO YOU HAVE THE TIME!??? :) Way to go sista! I can't wait to see you in lights... No chick? phew. But hey, that could have been free dinner!
Emily - where's the update, I'm dying to know the details of the baby, call!!
I KNEW IT WAS YOU!!!!!
i was flipping through it and thought... oh my gosh! that is emily!! very cool! i know her!! so cool!
anyway... congrats!
Post a Comment