1. We are all still alive! I've made it 2 whole days without my mother! The 7:00 - 9:00 am shift is the most difficult for me. I'm still not a morning person - especially after being up every 3 hours with an adorable newborn.
2. Still thinking on how wonderful it was to have my mom here. The kids loved playing and making fun crafts with her. I loved all of her help with the children and around the house. Thanks again mom!
3. While mom was here, we sewed a blessing dress and baby quilt for Samantha.
4. We were so lucky to find the pattern online. Here is a link. We actually only made 4 braids with 26 strips each, then added a 1.5 inch border, then a 3.5 inch border to make it crib size.
5. Life with 4.
6. Joe has been a sick and busy, but is still trying to make things easier around here for me. Joe fixes the best drink for nursing. I got it at the hospital in Monterey when we had Annabel, and Joe always stocks up on Juice so he can make them for me when we have a new baby. Delicious!
Here is the recipe. Please note - you do not need to be lactating to enjoy this drink!
7. What in the world is going on with Jon and Kate plus 8? Holy crazy rumors everywhere and why oh why was she so nasty in the going green episode??
8. Look at those big bright eyes! Mom thinks they will be brown and I'm betting on blue. Either way, too precious for words!
9. Ever notice how huge your youngest looks once you bring home a new baby?
10. QOTD: Ben: Her's cute.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Ten on Tuesday
Posted by Emily at 9:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
{She always seem nasty and mean to me.}
She looks so cute. I love those great big eyes. And Ben is right Her's is cute.
Oh, Grandmas are the BEST! With my new babies, I always cried when my mom left.
Check you out! Making a quilt and blessing dress.
Hello, Emily's mother? Can you come to my house? I'll let you sleep in mornings! ;-)
Seeing all four of your kids together is so cool! Your pictures are, as always, amazing!
Wait, what's going on with Jon and Kate?!?! I even Googled it--WHAT'S GOING ON!!?
I love Ten on Tuesdays!
So great that your mom could be there to help out so much. Mine can't make it this time and I starting to dread what it will be like without help.
The quilt is adorable! Thanks for sharing the link, I think I might have to try this one.
I'm not up on Jon & Kate and now I'm totally curious! I've got to check it out.
And last but not least, Samantha is absolutely adorable. Love those eyes.
Love the photo of everyone piled on the couch!
And I know what you mean about your baby looking big when the new baby arrives! Strange how that all of a sudden happens!
That baby quilt is A-DOR-A-BLE!!! You are so talented! I'm glad you had some great help from your mom to complete such awesome projects!
And I love the new title of your blog, all springish and cute with all your kids. Seriously, you're always so on top of things!
I remember that drink! I had it when Dale was born. Thanks for the recipe. Wasn't CHOMP the best?
Sounds like you are doing really well! I will have to try that drink recipe. I love the photo of Joe with all four. I remember it being a little surreal when I looked at all FOUR of my children when Adrik was born. Love your new headline. Racheal (SP?) looks supper adorable in that picture. I am SO impressed with the blanket..and a blessing dress too! I'm with you on the 7-9am shift. I am not a fan and I don't even have a newborn yet. I used to be a morning person before kids when there wasn't small children demands. Can't wait to see the dress! OH, and little Samantha is so cute and changing ALREADY! IT is different to see a Higbee girl without blonde hair:)
I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I know life with four (and a husband makes five) can be hard, so if you need anything...
I don't even know where to start. Seriously. Do you have superpowers? Already I couldn't believe that you had an {absolutely adorable} updated banner. But then I started reading and you have been busy! Really? On no sleep? Are you making this all up?? Wow, supergirl, go take a nap already!!
I L-O-V-E all your pictures (as usual). To see all four of them piled on the couch with dad is so awesome! And it's still fun to see that dark hair (I didn't have any of those!). Samantha is a cutie!
You are awesome! I'll definitely checkout the pattern. I love Ben's QOTD, so sweet!
congratulations on four! I love the picture of samantha and Ben it's priceless. The picture of Joe with all four is a testament that parenthood is exhausting!
Welcome, welcome Little Cutie-pie!! I am so happy to finally have internet access (no computers at G-ma Hiatt's house)so I can see our beautiful new granddaughter. She is just as sweet & precious as can be! What big dark eyes she has. I detect a definite resemblance to her siblings--another gorgeous offspring of handsome Joe & lovely Emily!
I sure enjoyed reading your last few weeks' entries with lots of info on birth, etc. and all those great photos. Thank you for sharing the joys & fun of this special time. Ben's sweet quote elicited a grin & Annie's made me laugh out loud! How funny to imagine that angelic baby a "dead witch"!
We're sooo excited to go down to visit you next week. G-ma Sharron & "Sammie Sharron" need some bonding time! (Love the name, by the way, I modestly admit.)
Aren't Mom's great? It's fun to see pictures of your mom with your beautiful baby. Wow you are ambitious with a sewn blessing dress and a quilt. Way to go!
Oh Emily...She is so beautiful. The picture of your family on the couch is so perfect. We are sorry, but we can't make it to the blessing. Mike has finales next week. Congrats to Joe though. Sounds like you will have a fun-filled weekend
Post a Comment