1. Had a busy week with Ben's birthday celebration. Highlights included a trip to McDonalds, a huge firetruck balloon, a new train, and a full cowboy costume. (Hat, handcuffs, and sheriffs star, complements of the Kohls, boots and guitar complements of mom and dad). Ben wears them all day long and serenades us with his first original single, "I am a cowboy". Very Happy Birthday.
2. Every night, Ben lovingly piles all of his cowboy stuff at the foot of his bed and every morning he walks out of his room at 7 on the dot with all the cowboy stuff on over his pajamas. The girls have been surprisingly cooperative about being handcuffed and locked in the toy closet periodically throughout the day.
3. Joe took the kids to get a haircut and Rachel came home with hers completely chopped off. She loves it, and so do I.
4. This last weekend, we went to Salt Lake to meet the Warners. Desiray and I went to the Scrapbook expo, while Joe and Orange took the 7 kids to Cabellas to do some shopping. Despite being hugely pregnant, Des and I had a great time. The Guys did not get as much shopping in as they hoped.
5. Public Service Announcement:
For your information: there are only two appropriate things to say to a woman who is 38 weeks pregnant with her fourth child.
1. "You look great!!!"
2. "I've heard that the fourth one is the easiest."
Not appropriate:
"Seriously, you still have 2.5 weeks?", "were you this big with all your kids?", I'm sure you'll go early (Only leads to false hope and eventual disappointment), or bursting into laughter upon seeing me.
While this seems glaringly obvious to me and any other woman with 4 kids, shockingly few people are aware of this social rule, so I thought I'd just put it out there.
6. QOTD: Rachel: "I'm surprised that everybody knows who I am with my new haircut and my sunglasses on."
7. Yesterday, my mom called just as I began my trek through the grocery store with 3 children and the giant car grocery cart. Over the next half hour, I managed to talk with my mom, get our groceries for the week, push the giant cart with one hand, and keep track of all three kids. Later, I tried to explain to Joe just what an accomplishment that was.
8. Sharron asked if I was watching DWTS, and I was shocked she even asked! Of course I am! Joe is too, as he gets no say on what we watch on TV while I am currently nine months pregnant with his child.
9. Special thanks to Krystal, for cluing me in on some of the more confusing parts of Lost.
10. A layout:
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Ten on Tuesday
Posted by Emily at 9:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Emily, I think you are great. I can't believe the things that people say to almost due pregnant ladies. It's just unbelievable to me. Oh and just so you know, I've totally heard that #4 is the easiest and you look great :) I'm way jealous you went to the scrapbook expo. I totally had to stay away this year. Did you get some fun things?
I have a friend who is pregnant with her first kid and was "kind" enough to remind me that I still had a week before my due date...so what was I upset about. Yeah, I'll remember that when you are hugely pregnant and want nothing but to go into labor. Rude.
I'm praying for a great delivery INSIDE the hospital with plenty of time to get an epidural if you so wish. Also, I am thinking how beautiful that pic is below of you sleeping... the shoes make me laugh for some reason. Oh yeah! It reminds me when I needed B to take my shoes off (those that are tied anyway) when I'm 8+months pregnant and if he even smirked I wanted to give him a little kick! :) You don't just look great you look BEAUTIFULLY FABULOUS!
I love Rachel's cute haircut! Short & sassy...just like her! :)
Ben's a darling cowpoke. I can hardly wait to hear the song! Love the scrapbook layout.
When is Annie's Spring Break?
So who you like this season on DWTS? I really hope the playboy bimbo & the computer Steve get the double elimination next week.
You know what's easier than kid #4? #5! I really enjoyed your Sylvia Plath moment. Oh, how it feels that way and I'm not even "almost there" yet! Your little boy is a lucky kid. That sounds like a terrific birthday. I'm glad it all went well.
Hey...tell Rachel that Carlie said she loves it, too!!
You know, # 4 IS the easiest!
And, you look great...
And, your kids are just adorable...
And, you are so amazingly talented...
And, I always enjoy your wit and charm in all of your posts...
I hope there were enough things in here to keep you thinking positively for the next two weeks! :-)
(And, I really did mean them!)
I'm with all the other ladies! You are fantastic, this blog rocks our socks off and most moms I've talked to said they couldn't even tell they were having baby #5, it was that easy.
You do amazing too--I loved the picture of you napping. Blake had to paint my toenails at the end of my pregnancy because I couldn't reach them and.....well, you know doctors won't deliver your baby if your toes aren't painted and legs shaved (that's with moms think with kid #1!) I've never heard the end of it.
We're all rooting for you!
Not quite sure how the whole toenail painting story went with this, but we'll just say it's very very late at night here!
Shopping with those annoying carts/cars AND talking on the phone takes skills!! I hate those things...and my poor kids rarely get to experience the thrill of the ride they provide. We had a great time last weekend. Wish we had more time, it sure flew. I love the hair cut. It looks adorable. I second you on the pregnancy comments. I am seeing no light at the end of the tunnel. I will be thinking of your joyous surprise as I sit here miserable though:)
I can't wait for the news of the arrival. Are your regreting any purchases you passed up on from the expo?? (JK) I am sure you are pleased with how much you didn't spend. Keep us posted.
I love Rachel's new haircut! She looks adorable. Sounds like you have a fun year ahead of you filled with lots of imagination...Good luck these next couple of weeks. We cannot wait to see the new addition!
TOTAL Accomplishment. I can barely get through the com. with two kids and 10 weeks pregnant. I think you're SPECTACULAR if you had done nothing else that day.
Post a Comment