1. My week to drive carpool = 36 hours of snowfall and 6+ inches of snow.
2. Potty training update- Very hit and miss (in more ways than one if you know what I mean).
3. QOTD: Ben: (as he is wrestling with Joe) "Let's touch tongues."
4. Taking Rachel to pre-register for Kindergarten. Can you believe next year I will have 2 kids in school? She is very excited.
5. Baby boy blanket is finished. On Sunday, I had a small meltdown when I realized I actually had 5 weeks left instead of the 4 I had been telling everyone.
6. Had all of Jen's girls over on Friday for a sleepover. We had pizza, made magnets, and watched the Parent Trap. Very fun.
7. Does the time change make anyone else want to pack up their family and move to Arizona forever? In short- heartburn + frequent bathroom breaks + kids who won't sleep= very tired mom.
8. Dinner tonight- Baked potato soup. Annabel's second favorite dinner of all time (seriously she said that) and still we had to force her to eat the standard 10 bites.
9. Went to Albertson's the other day to pick up a few items and came home without my grapes. I was really looking forward to eating them. Do you think it's out of line to go back and ask about them two days later?
10. Was somewhat mortified when my kids started playing "Stink Bug" at the mall play area today - a game they invented that makes Joe and I laugh, but not so the kids can see. It's kind of embarrassing and I have no idea how they came up with it. Basically, Ben pretends to be a stink bug, aims his rear in the air, and emits an imaginary stench potent enough to knock Annie and Rachel sprawling to the floor. Always a crowd pleaser.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
10 on Tuesday
Posted by Emily at 9:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Thanks for the pic of the blanket. That is adorable! I love the monkeys. And you totally have to get a video of "Stink Bug" I can totally see the kids saying "eeeeeeewwww," coughing, gagging and falling to the ground sprawled out with tongues hanging out. lol. VERY vivid apparently... :)
You are always welcome to join me in Arizona!!
that goes for anyonw else reading this as well I lvoe friends!!
Yah that snow made me want to cry! Yuck. I am with you on moving to AZ, except let's move back when it gets over 100 in April :) Loved the stink bug--I laughed out loud!
I love the blanket - you are so talented! I am SOOO trying that soup, thanks for posting!...Oh...and ditto on the time change. So dumb.
cute blanket....you cease to amaze me with your craftiness. the stink bug game...FUN! about as bad as my kids and their vomitting acts to make people look and then laugh:) good luck with the 5 weeks, and who knows maybe it will only be 3
Joe probably taught them the stink bug game...unintentionally, if you know what i'm saying :)
Can't believe miss rachel is heading to school!
Hope your last few weeks are kind to you, em!!
Oh, the stink bug game--I just giggled to myself as I read that. Do you think that was Ben's brain child? I could be wrong, but it seems only a boy would think of that! Your blog banner is darling.
My kids have tried the "touch tongues" thing before. At least that wasn't the game they were playing at the mall.
I love that baby boy blanket! Did I miss seeing the girl one?
I can imagine how excited Rachel is for school, but it kinda makes me feel blue...I just can't believe how fast she's grown up!
It sounds like you enjoyed the gils'(in Rachel-speak) sleepover. Hard for a 8 mo. preggo? You're brave.
I hope Ben becomes more reliable in the next few weeks, & I'm sure he will. Then you'll be so glad that was accomplished before the new baby arrives, right? Cute bum shot:)
You didn't even mention DWTS! Are you skipping this season?
I laughed so hard at the stink bug game! So cute!
I'm with you on the AZ thing. We'll be headed there in 3 years. I can't wait! NO more time change. Cranky kids are not cool.
I love the blanket. Wow! Only 5 weeks? It has gone by so fast for me!:) Thank you so much again for all of your prayers. We are excited to see the new little addition, whatever it may be.
Oh em, I am so with you on being tired of snow and pregnancy. I hope it makes you feel better that your still 4 wks ahead of me:) :(! It sounds like Annie hasn't changed much with her petite little eating habits. Loved your little boy blanket. Jealous, when I think back on never making a single homemade thing for any of my children. I wish I had a hint of your creative skills! Kort has been a little sulky because there is no free preschool here. I am trying to get him excited about Kindergarden this fall. Are those two really the ones that were our babies when we met? We need to plan a family get together...soon!
Hey Em loved the entry! Your almost there, hang in there. Way cute blanket and I am so going to try your recipe. Couldn't help but crack up at the stink bug game. That is great!
Post a Comment