Monday, March 23, 2009

Metaphors


I'm a riddle in nine syllables.
An elephant, a ponderous house,
A melon strolling on two tendrils.
O red fruit, ivory, fine timbers!
This loaf's big with its yeasty rising.
Money's new-minted in this fat purse.
I'm a means, a stage, a cow in calf.
I've eaten a bag of green apples,
Boarded the train there's no getting off.

- Sylvia Plath

4 comments:

The Galan Family said...

Okay you are none of those things, but you are one gorgeous pregnant girl. I do have one suggestion... if you're gonna take a nap on the couch, take off those shoes!! Okay, I understand at this point it is probably too hard to bend over. :) Hope you are feeling well.

Lucy said...

Oh so close... wishing you the best!

Salmon Tolman Family said...

I asked Josh "Do you know who this is a picture of?" He responded "No, should I?" Isn't that too funny?! I LOVE this photo of you, and the poem with it is just perfect! You are simply gorgeous! Always have been, always will be!

Gma Higbee said...

The picture says so much! I know its tough at times, but you are such a beautiful mother...in more ways than one!
Cool poetry...perfectly describes different parts/roles you feel, hasn't every mother wished she could just get "off that train" when the labor starts in force? But no way out!
My first time in labor, I distinctly recall saying I'd changed my mind & decided not to have a baby afterall...&I meant it!
You know our prayers are with you & your sweet baby. Rest up every chance you can.(You're welcome to send the kids up to our house for awhile!) Lova ya!