
So our huge outing this weekend was buying new shoes for the kids. Kind of sad, I know, but the memory of us doing super fun outings every weekend (pre-children) is starting to fade, and I hardly think of that anymore.
Now, to be perfectly honest with you, pink and white sparkly Dora shoes go against everything I believe in. One of those things I swore I would never do with my kids that I can sheepishly cross off my list. I know you think I'm an easy target, but when just the thought of trying on the brown pair made those big blue eyes well up with tears, I knew I was not prepared for that battle. So sparkly Dora Shoes for Rachel. (she looks pretty pleased with them, doesn't she?)


And for Mr. Fatty feet, camo crocs. They were the only pair that his wide feet would fit in. We decided to just have him wear them with warm socks until summer. He is just thrilled with them, and we were thrilled to find a pair that we could squeeze all five toes in. I must take the blame for the fat feet. Typically, I try to blame all of that kind of thing on Joe, but fat feet are a Chaffin trait, sorry Ben. Luckily, I didn't marry the boyfriend with 6 toes (that's eleven total) or my children would have no chance at fitting in any shoes!
We accidently purchased the wrong size for Annie, so no pictures of hers until we exchange them for the right ones.
7 comments:
Emily, I love your pics. Your kids are so cute.
I'm waiting for the day that shoes will have an "on/off" button with sounds and stuff. Bleh! Lights are not a totally horrid thing. They can come in handy if you loose your kids in a dark ally. :) We can thank Des for introducing our families to Dora. :)
Look on the bright side . . . those pink, sparkly Dora shoes will go perfectly with the dresses Rachel insists on wearing. You're family is truly adorable!
I had the same problem with Isaac, except I don't know where his wide feet came from. He's just big all over, we call him our little tank. It's great to see your kiddos, they're adorable!
I love your pictures! I'm against character shoes too, but what can you do? Girls seem to care more about that stuff--if it's a shoe Colin puts it on (come to think of it, so does Blake) Boys.
Tell Mr Fatty Feet, Crocs are SO in this season! ;-)
I have issues with the kids and shoes, I took Colson once to get new shoes... um, he was wearing too small shoes by THREE sizes, since then, I'm regularly checking their feet. oop! Have Fun!
You dated someone with 11 toes?? That's hillarious!
Post a Comment