1. So the HUGE news at our house is that Joe and I are going to Hawaii! Joe's planned a fantastic vacation for us, including a trip to the Polynesian Cultural center, Body Surfing, hikes and a stay at a 4 star resort that he bought on ebay for $100. He's always great at finding bargains like that. I am sooo excited! A big shout out to my sister, Jen and my Mom and Dad for watching the kids so we can go. That's right, we're going alone. I get to lounge on the sand, and not be worried about somebody drowning, or dropping their apple in the sand. I get to sleep in until 8:00 (Joe has a tight schedule), I get to eat my food as soon as I get it, instead of waiting until I've cut up three plates. I get to read a book without illustrations, or someone yelling "It's my turn to turn the page!!!" Now, to just lose 10 pound before I hit the beach!
2. It turns out,
3. Enjoying a quiet afternoon at the house today. Rachel is spending the day at Becca's, Ben is napping, and Annie is making cards for the grandparents.
4. Made the Pioneer Womans Garlic Mashed Potatoes, along with Rosemary Chicken for dinner last night. The potatoes were just as delicious as I imagined they would be. The jury is still out on the chicken. I think I will make a few changes to the recipe and try it one more time before I post it. In the mean time, here is the recipe for Jen's yummy Chicken Enchiladas.
5. I'm accepting book recomendations for my trip, please send me yours!
6. So, I went outside today and there was a tiny little patch of grass showing through the snow. Then I looked closer and saw this:

That's right, something is starting to grow! I'm thinking Crocus? Not sure, but who cares! Something is starting to grow!
7. Somebody else was excited for the warm weather:

8. I tried the Tide laundry soap, and it is just as great as I imagined! I was a little worried that the smell would be to strong, but by the time you finish washing and drying, it is just a "light lilac scent" Very nice.
9. The bad news is that Ben is still hopelessly attached to the pacifier. The good news is that we are 3 days without the bottle. At least he won't be a two year old with a bottle and a pacifier!
10. Quiet time is over, both kids need attention, over and out.....

9 comments:
Loved Ladies Auxiliary by Tova Mirvis. That's my book recommendation. I enjoyed reading your 10 list.
I have no recommendations that don't include pictures and having to read it in a funny voice... sorry. On the pacifier thing... You have to commit to it, but I just threw away all of them except one and I cut the nipple off and told James that it was broken. He held on to the pacifier for 2 days before giving up. And for a year every now and then he would tell me that his "passos" was broken.
You are going to have so much fun in Hawaii, I'm jealous! I don't know if you know Christy Young or Saundra Taylor (their husbands are both linguists, so maybe you knew them in Monterey?). They're both at Hickam AFB right now. And there's a group of gals that go surfing every week, I'm sure they wouldn't mind taking you along and teaching you if you're interested. Let me know if you need any more ideas on places to go or things to do. I am really so excited for you!
WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!! Hawaii! Whenever I read Marianne's posts, I want to be there right now. And no kids? Double WOOOOOHOOOOO!
When are you guys going? Maybe you'll be there when we move!
Have you read "A Girl Named Ziggy"? It's a memoir, light and an easy read.
Hurray for you! (major overuse of the exclamation points) (!)
Holy cow! $100! He does get those great deals. I can't wait to see those pictures and update on the complete dream vacation. Wowsers!
Harmony doesn't know what she's talking about...the book is called "A Girl Named Zippy". I only know this because she recommended it on my blog as well. She's so confused sometimes! :) My book recommendation would be "Persuasion" by Jane Austen. I think a lot of people overlook this book but it's got to be one of my favorites! You'll fall in love with Anne Elliott!
Your posts are amazing, I could just read them over and over, and your pictures! Holy crap. Thats great you two are going to Hawaii! We sure miss you.
love this fun post. YEah for a trip, you two deserve it! :)
I took the test and I'm Elizabeth Bennett. Whatever that means. But I did want to say that I loved how Annie's shadow was in the chalk picture! How artistic.
Post a Comment