

My friend, Desiray. her husband left this week to begin training for a deployment in Afghanistan. It has me thinking about a day almost 4 years ago, when I drove Joe to the airport for his 1 year deployment in Korea. Annie was 16 months old and home with Gma. I was 7.5 months pregnant with Rachel. I remember walking Joe to the gate and kissing him goodbye. Then I allowed myself a moment of self-pity. I collapsed into the chairs and wept, uncontrollably, for I don't know how long. I must have been quite a sight. This huge pregnant lady, sitting in the airport in hysterics. Finally, I pulled myself together and went home to Annie. Over the next few months, I did quite a few new things. I pumped my own gas, killed spiders, loaded the car for road trips, and had a baby, all without Joe. I was blessed with great family support, and two tough little girls, and we did it! And, while I don't know if I would sign up to do it again, I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. I'm a much stronger, more compassionate person for it.
So Desiray, I just want you to know I'm thinking of you and praying for you and your family.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Thinking of someone...
Posted by Emily at 9:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is a beautiful picture of Desiray! Great tribute. She's a rock! I never had to go through that, but I am glad that you can relate with her. Like she said, Freedom is NOT free.
You can do it Desiray, and you'll surprise your self with how strong youare. You're in my prayers and I'm sure Emily will take good care of you.
What do you say to something like that? In life everyone wants to have friends...I mean of coarse. I have always felt like I had pretty good friends in places that I have lived. Been When times get hard and you feel down and alone the true friends that I really believe you are meant to meet in this life make themselves known. Even in little ways. Which by the way mean HUGE! Thanks EM
Such a great picture of Desiray. I believe that was taken at my house at our last little party for Em right? Ah, those were the days!
Des, you gorgeous thang. We are thinking of you here too! Those were the days.
Post a Comment