Sunday, April 13, 2008

Baby Animal Days


This weekend we took the kids to the Baby Animal Days. I was thinking it would be something fun (picturing 45 minutes at a small petting zoo). Can I just say WOW? Seriously, that was a huge production and the kids loved it. Especially Ben, who secretly wishes we lived on a farm. He was able to fulfill his lifelong dream of riding on a tractor. He is still talking about it.We had perfect timing for the Pony rides- no line.They loved seeing and petting all of the animals.We also did face painting, rootbeer floats and hot dogs, a candy raid, and a sing along.
Here's the little guy sneaking into the Turkey pen. Next year we will be more prepared for an all day adventure!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! Everything sounds so fun. We're too far away to go but maybe we could recreate the fun for Eliza with our dog (she can ride him like a pony, right?) and some rice cereal in place of root beer floats.

Dorian said...

I feel your pain! We have tried these days many times to always looking at each other at the end of the day going.... what were we thinking!! These are the days we need to bring Granny with us! HAHA I get to go to the petting zoo with the boys preschool class....geez! Do you hear from anyone? I rarely do.

Heather said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. We went, but Maren wouldn't touch a single animal. She's not so brave when it comes to mammals with a lot of hair. But, give her a giant rock to jump off of and she's totally up for it! Oh well . . . maybe in a few years. It's quite the production, though, I agree.

Lucy said...

I had a "surpise" day at a pumpkin patch last year. Although yours sounds way more fun!!

Des said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I can't believe how tall Annie is getting? I am glad you guys did the food a face painting. Gotta take advantage of the whole experience. What a fun family day!

Linds said...

Sounds like a great day. I am so jealous your girls have enough hair to braid, I swear Lana will never enough.