Tuesday, April 29, 2008

10 on Tuesday

1. Joe is finally finished with his class projects. One particular project has been all consuming and left me to single parent. Being a single parent for a while always makes me appreciate marriage and my eternal companion so much more. We are very happy to have Joe back.

2. Friday, Jen and I went to see "Baby Mama" and I would like to officially nominate it for best shower scene ever. Seriously could not stop laughing.

3. QOTD- Ben: "You're Mean."

4. It is finally starting to look like spring. We have flowers blooming, it is warm outside. No more BBQs in the snow! YAY:)

5. I think blogs are the best invention ever! Love catching up with everyone and occasionally get sucked in to clicking on more and more! Here are some fun links from friends and other random blogs I've found recently. Lucy just posted a yummy applesauce-oatmeal cookies recipe, Heather posted some beautiful pictures from Arches National Park, Harmony posted another fun photography challenge, and Tiffany has very exciting news! Stumbled across this fascinating and controversial blog, provided an interesting read and much food for thought. If nothing else it should spark debate;) Do you believe in free range parenting? And finally, for creative inspiration go here.

6. I started campaigning for Mothers Day last night at FHE. We sang special Mother songs and I told them a special day was coming up-
Me: Do you know what day is coming up?
Kids: Summer?
Me: No, Mother's Day! And do you know who we celebrate on Mother's Day?
Rachel: ME!
Sigh.

7. Rachel has a recent fascination about her time as an infant." What was I like as a baby? How small was I when I was a baby?" And my favorite- "Was I as small as a bunny tail when I was a baby?"

8. The new "It" girl at our house is cousin Amelia. The girls pretend they are Amelia, they dress up like her, and Ben talks about her constantly. When he throws a fit, he cries for Amelia "A (hiccup) mel (hiccup) iaaaaaaaaaaa!" As if she is the only consolation he can ever imagine.

9. I totally meant to do a "Go Green" post for Earth Day, but I'm a slacker so here's some environmentally friendly links: 10 ways to go green, eco-friendly living, Stop buying more stuff!.

10. I finally found my copy of "Persuasion" by Jane Austin. I was reading it on Jamie's recommendation, but lost it and was unable to finish it completely. I found it yesterday, and I must say, I think this might be my new Austin favorite. It almost makes me wish that we had named Annabel Anne, like I had originally thought. At least she has Jane as a middle name:) I know everyone loves "Pride and Prejudice" and so do I, but there is something about Anne that I can totally relate to. I highly recommend it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you liked Persuasion! Another convert...it's my favorite! I love Anne Elliott and the ending makes me so happy every single time I read it.

Oooh, love the Arches National Park pics and I love the blog background. Where can I steal that? Hehehe. Just kidding.

You post such good suggestions, tips, finds, etc. that you really should post more often. Although, in reality I should just be checking blogs a little less often and then the new posts would appear to be occurring all the time.

The Galan Family said...

Love 10 on Tuesdays! Em you are so clever, cute, and creative. I so want to see Baby Mama. Glad you liked it. And I love the campaigning for mother's day. Great idea.

Jennie said...

i found your blog through tiff's blog... it love it! the 10 of tuesday is very cool!

thanks!