Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ten on Tuesday "Good Things" edition

(she said in her best Martha Stewart voice)

1. Made a quick trip to Rexburg this weekend to move my parents 2.5 hours closer to us! Jennifer took one for the team and watched all 7 kids so my parents could have adult only help. They had to be moved in fast because they started classes yesterday!

2. This layout was selected to be the featured layout on the Creating Keepsakes website. I was so excited to see it there, but it isn't there any longer- so you can enjoy it here!


3. I've been playing around with my camera and photoshop. Found some fun Photoshop tutorials here. I also found a fun photography class here. The class is over, but you can download the pdf files and do it at your own pace!

4. I have a new favorite song. I heard it on the radio and loved it, and have listened to it on my computer a lot. I mean, who doesn't love Bon Jovi? You can see the video here.

5. Candy Heart Tarts. Annabel's friend gave her a Little Pet activity book that Annie has loved. In it was a recipe for a candy heart tart. When we got groceries, we bought everything for her tarts and the girls made them.

Two thumbs up from Ben who LOVED them! Want to make some? They're easy. Grahm cracker + Frosting + Sprinkles = Candy Heart Tart.

6." Who's this old fart? Did you just stagger off the street? Out of a box or something? Who is this worthless bag of bones. Well, this guy, is one of the founders of Dunder Mifflin, Mr. Robert Dunder."- That's right! "The Office" is back! I'm back to snickering every time I think of a funny scene from the week before:)

7. I worked all day and every piece of dirty laundry is clean.......until the kids change into their pajamas. I'm still going to enjoy those few hours immensly.

8. Homemade strawberry jam.

Jen found a great deal on strawberries and bought a flat for me and another for Laurel. We had the best time making jam, debating whether using your blender leads to a less-quality jam, and wishing Mom and Jill were there. Now, I can't wait to try Jamie's Bread Recipe. I think it will be great with the jam!

9. Park Day. We have had a couple of warm days! As soon as the sun shines, I load the kids up and we head to the park to play, fly kites, and run, run, run! Ben loved flying his Thomas the Train kite. He would hold it up as high as he could and run around. His favorite part was letting it go and watching me run across the entire field to catch it. FUNNY MOM.

10. Harmony posted a fun photography challenge on her blog. Here's one of my experiments with angles.


This is not the most adventurous angle I tried, but this is the best picture I got!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a busy, busy week you've had!

I AM LOVING YOUR PICTURES!! (and yes, I HAD to use caps. and exclamation points. That's how much I love them) You can tell the class is totally paying off.

I love the slide angle. Nice job! Wohooo!!! Now I'm off to look at your cool Photoshop link.

-Harmony

Heather said...

I'm such a Bon Jovi fan. That song is one of my favorites! What kind of camera do you have? I'm excited to look at those pdf's to get some new ideas. BTW, I always laugh when I read your blog. Thanks for giving me a smile each time.

shel said...

No pressure for the future, but I can not wait for Tuesdays to come around and hear all the adorable things you have to say. I love reading it all! And you have been busy! Give those kids kisses for us...xo!!

And your pictures are so great! Congrats on the CK honors.

Emily said...

Heather, I have a cannon rebel XTI and I love it. The photography class is for all cameras, but the first 2 or 3 are more targeted to those with SLR cameras HTH!

Marianne said...

I love your lists! I am going to try to make a list on Wednesdays. It's hard. How do you come up with ten?

Gma Higbee said...

Such sweet photos! I just want to kiss that frosting right off Ben's face. Do you think he'd hold still for that?! And that shot of Rachel on the slide is beautiful (the photo AND the girl!!) Your fun day at the park flying kites sounds so delightful...I can just hear the laughter! Joe said Annie is learning to play t-ball. Fun!

{leah} said...

I always look forward to your "Ten"! Your layout is great, and so are the pictures. I'm going to look up those links and do them myself.

I think flying kites with the boys is my new favorite joy.

Monique said...

Cute as always. The pics rule. The tarts sounded so hard when you first talked about them. . . so fun!