Jill posted her top ten things that every adventurous parent should know- Here's mine!
1. The absolute fastest route through the grocery store. Also important is the ability to rig all of those broken shopping cart seat belts into a working harness with only a tube of lip gloss, a piece of chewing gum, and a safety pin.
2. How to keep an infinite supply of the "Must Haves" (Strawberry Quick, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, and an emergency supply of Chocolate) on hand at all times.
3. How to master "THE LOOK". That look that can effectively communicate "Youbetterstopitrightnoworyou'regonnagetit!" to your child and still leave innocent bystanders clueless.
4. How to set up an amazing Geo Track train set in less than 5 minutes.
5. The names of every "My Little Pony" ever made. Did you know that Kimono is the wisest pony in the land?
6. How to convince your child to eat something besides Cinnamon toast.
7. That you must put all the chairs on top of the table, lock the gate, lock both locks on the front door, shut the doors to both bathrooms, hide the dishwasher soap, confiscate all writing devices, and put the wipes up high before you get the toddler out of bed.
8. That it's perfectly normal to have an audience of three watch you while you shower.
9. That so far, there are no recorded cases of someone actually being nagged to death.
10. That popcorn+ Orange Julius+ "Go Fish" = Best. Night. Ever.
Post or link yours in your comments!
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Ten on Tuesday Parenthood edition
Posted by Emily at 6:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh Emily your 10 are fabulous...I have felt some of those...way to go!
Awesome top 10!
Hilarious top ten!
I was nodding along with every one (will maybe minus Little Ponies--I did not know the wisest one!)
Love it!
I can relate with lets see...the shower, the geo trax, the LOOK, and agree 100% with the popcorn,Orange Julius and game for a perfect evening. Awesome. We are so alike. I new there was a reason we got along so well. Believe it or not I am STILL bummed that we were sick when we got snowed in at Ft. Meade and you invited us over for cinnamon rolls and to just hang out for fun. That would have been the perfect snowed in day! :(
Em, you've done it again. I laugh out loud everytime I read your Ten on Tuesdays. I can relate to all of those. Especially the showering one. I swear my kids are going to be scarred for life, but what's a mom to do?? Can't wait to see you.
Oh Em... how I miss being your roommate!!! You never ceased to make me laugh hysterically! I am not sure what my boys will do when they realize that moms national geographic body is not the norm!! HAHA I have gotten to the point that my boys are old enough to really notice things so I have a new rule...NO ONE BUT CECELIA COMES IN WHEN I AM SHOWERING!! I don't want my poor boys to have nightmares! HAHA Love your guts!
Oh yes! Those are the days! I will be doing mine soon. I wonder what the top ten will be in ten years when they are teenagers? then twenty when we are grandma's? Yours were spot on!
LOVE IT! So wait until the girls get older and try to shower and them asking ALL the questions you really don't want to answer. It made my day reading the top ten. Have a great week.
Post a Comment