Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. So I'm sitting in church on Sunday and the kids are actually behaving. Ben is being a little more social than I would like, but nothing I couldn't handle. As I sat there and waited to take the sacrament, I felt pretty good. I wasn't gloating, just giving myself a little mental pat on the back for having such good kids. Then the sacrament came, I watched the girls each carefully and quietly grab a little cup of water. Then they tapped them together and said "CHEERS!" before drinking them down. Moment over.


2. Apparently Des and I are the only "DWTS" fans. Which answers my previous question of, "Am I a loser for knowing every detail about the show?" with a resounding yes. At least Des has an excuse for having no life with her husband being gone. I've got nothing.

3. If you love "My Little Ponies" as much as we do, you must go here. Enjoy.

4. The family room is in disarray. Joe and I started painting it Saturday night. We finished all of the edging, and decided to roll the rest tonight. Annabel was eager to point out that we missed some spots.

5. Ben has developed a zero tolerance policy for all things girl. He refuses anything pink, girly toys or anything that looks or seems feminine. It's like he's just realized he's outnumbered and will not let the girls rule the house any longer. My little ponies? NO WAY! Pink fork or plate? NEVER! Luckily the girls will occasionally compromise.


6. These poor little guys are trying to hang on through all of the snow storms. Every time it snows, they look so hunched over and defeated and cold. By the afternoon, most of the snow has melted and they are smiling again.

7. Another sign of spring. Mud tracked in by what's his name. In case I didn't notice it on the first go around, he made about 3 more laps to make sure every inch of the kitchen was good and covered.

8. Rachel and Annie have started the "Little Griz" preschool over at the high school and they are loving it! Today in her group, Rachel made jello jigglers. She brought some home and they were a huge hit. They played with them, licked them, dropped them on the floor a few times and then decided they wanted to save them for Dad. Watching him try to choke one of those down was the funnest part of my day.

9. QOTD- Rachel: (As I'm tucking her in to bed) Do I have big hairs in my nose?

Me: you have some little ones

Rachel: You have big hairs.....Can I touch them?

10. I have moved my secret stash of girl scout cookies several times. Apparently 3 tons of Easter candy does not measure up to a thin mint.

14 comments:

{leah} said...

Oh, "out of the mouth of babes" James reminds Steve daily that he is going bald. And I'm glad to see that GeoTraks have taken over other houses as well. And I love the flowers I hope they make it.

The Galan Family said...

Em, I love your posts! Love the part about Annie and Rachel saying "cheers" with the sacrament cups. I have to admit, I'm more of an American Idol fan. I only wish Andrew would start not tolerating the girl stuff. Heaven help me!

Unknown said...

Too funny! I love reading your blogs. We were at church one day and Maleia came over to say hello. She got to my lap and proudly announced that she was wearing a red dress. Without missing a beat she added in "and you have red eyes". Yup! Those were the early days with a new baby and it showed apparently. Haha!

Monique said...

Holy funny! Is that sac religious? I am actually a huge Idol fan too. I know all their names, where they are from, and check their bios from time to time. Brandon and I like to judge them before the judges judge them, Then judge the judges. Is Paula on drugs? My excuse is that Brandon is a huge fan too, but don't tell him I told you. :) (Sorry for the red eyes comment Jamie.) How are your flowers so "clumpy?" Does that make sense? You have so many in a bunch. Beautiful!

shel said...

You had me laughing out loud about the jello jigglers...joe is too good of a sport! And the nose hairs...I don't dare post the things my kids say to me. Like not telling it might mean no one else will notice, right?

Des said...

This was very entertaining to read! I am sad about the elimination last night. I would have preferred Mario to go. Mostly because I think that KaRina (sp) Is so cocky! She bugs me. Our poor flowers have not sprouted yet. But they are all in the front flower garden that is shaded and the snow doesn't have time to melt before the next storm slams into us. It is offically spring now...where's the warmth? The nose hairs got me laughing out loud! Think of it this way..At least she made you aware. Otherwise you know adults would notice them and not say anything. I always blame orange when we have been out socializing and having a great time and I come home and find a nice big green thing in my teeth. "why didn't you tell me?" You know I love Tuesdays on your blog...with the occasional wednesday. All the same, still great to read.

Harmony said...

You are so funny!

I snorted laughing over the "Cheers!" We had a friend who taught Colin to say "Down the hatch to the hula girls" and he said it for weeks in sacrament meeting. Cheers is so much better! Love it!

Heather said...

My favs: jigglers and nose hairs. Isn't it great that kids make us laugh every day? More calories burned that way. We can all use that!

Jess and the KIDS!!!! said...

Emily,
Your posts always make me smile. It's good to see that other people have sacrament issues as well. My goal each week is to not have to go out before it's passed(brendan has worked on sundays sin the end of august). I am now bribing the two boys(21 mos and 3) to keep my Sunday Sanity. I loved the comments and questions from the kids. especially ben having to do with no girl stuff....I deal with my 8 yr old(mackenzie) still crying that her brothers won't leave her things alone!!!thgey do it to bug her i think. also glad to see your flowers are doing well....mine are struggling to come up. have a great day!

Lucy said...

Sacrament. Sigh. I have to say my kids have lost the priviledge. It was ridiculous, they were picking out the biggest piece of bread, yelling at each other, dumping water. I finally had a FHE about the sacrament, and that we don't need it until we're eight. Is that bad?? I just got sick of it being a game, I wanted it to be important!! :)

Ariella said...

Too funny! I laughed all the way through. Cheers! so great.

Maren said...

Emily,
Dan here. Reading your posts makes me think of Elder Ballards talk when he encouraged young mothers (and all of us) to enjoy the little things in life - to enjoy the process, more than just the getting it done. You do a great job! Your family all looks beautiful (even joe with his golden tan :) Tell him I'll employ him as a travel agent if he can ever find me a great deal to hawaii. Thanks for sharing.
love,
Dan
PS if joe finds good tickets to New Orleans....we have plenty of room and Jazz Fest is coming soon.

Dorian said...

the things kids do-- one minute you think you are gonna lose it then they make you laugh hysterically (even when the joke is on you)!

Jennie said...

i have to say this is one of the funiest posts i have ever read! the cheers thing has me laughing so hard! it is a great story and i plan to share it! (don't worrry... i will keep your idenity's private!)

have a great week!