

I figured I'd better hurry and post these as it is starting to seem like old news!
Please forgive the crappy self-timer portraits of the two of us together! A quick recap:
Day one: arrive in time for dinner, a tour of Lewers Street, and then we crashed at our hotel. Day two: we hit the Polynesian cultural center. Joe has been wanting to go there since his mission to New Zealand (he was in the Samoan program). 
We loved the entire day and evening we spent there. We headed back to the North part of the Island to do a session at the temple, make one more quick stop at the Polynesian cultural center and then we drove down the north shore.
We also drove up the east side of the island and went snorkeling at Hanauma Bay (pictured above) It was so great! I couldn't believe that there were so many fish so close.. We crossed back at sunset to enjoy the view from Lookout point.

We loved the entire day and evening we spent there. We headed back to the North part of the Island to do a session at the temple, make one more quick stop at the Polynesian cultural center and then we drove down the north shore.
We also drove up the east side of the island and went snorkeling at Hanauma Bay (pictured above) It was so great! I couldn't believe that there were so many fish so close.. We crossed back at sunset to enjoy the view from Lookout point.
We tried to hook up with the Kemper's while we were there, but they were enjoying time with her family and sharing some very exciting news, I imagine ;) They did invite us to go skydiving with them, but I was a little paraniod about Joe and I dying and leaving our children orphans, that paired with the fact that I almost broke my arm taking this picture disuaded us from that adventure. Emilian, were so sorry we missed you and, you better not have gone skydiving in your condition!!!!

On our last day, we went to tour the USS Missouri, and to see the USS Arizona Memorial. The Missouri was truly amazing and we both agreed it was a good thing that Joe wasn't a Navy man. The Arizona was very touching.
Anyway, we had a GREAT TIME! I'm glad we soaked up the beach and sunny weather because it has snowed here 3 days in the past week!
7 comments:
Wow, your pictures are so beautiful. You look so great. I love the one of you flying through the air. What a great experience. I'll bet you had a blast just running around without the kids.
Such beautiful pictures! Your trip looks amazing.
Holy COw! what an adventure it must have been. especially without any kids. I understand your pain with the snow. woke up this morning to snow AGAIN! ARGH! does spring ever come in Idaho? Glad you guys has a great time, take care
So fun! You have to know we all envy you. I'm glad you go to go. Now that you've had your chance . . . next time Joe finds a trip to Hawaii for $100, just pass along the good news and savings to Jeff and me. :)
Emily, this looks SO FUN! That is so awesome that you guys did that. You look like you guys are on your honeymoon. By looking at those pictures you would never know there were three little Higbees that sprouted from you too. You look great! You guys are still in love and it shows. I love, love, LOVE the picture of you up in the air. It shows the fun side of you that we all know and love. What a fun adventure to mark off for 2008 there's more to come....:) I am so excited!! It will be my big event for the year. Ok, I think I may have over used the word LOVE. Great post!
Isn't Joe glad that he isn't a sailor? How could he sleep in those bunkers... or whatever you call them. What a fun time. I love you flying through the air! heehee!
The picture of Joe in the Navy bunks is crazy! I don't know how 6'8" Blake does it--he must bend in half to sleep!
Post a Comment