Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. The kids are pretty excited to get rid of mean old mom. Everytime I say no to Annabel she asks, "When is Gma Nancy coming?" She knows that she will say "yes" to everything and I will be trapped in Hawaii and won't do anything about it!

2. Confession: sometimes I just leave my computer up on Laurel's blog so I can listen to her great music while I do my work.

3. I think getting ready for Hawaii is going to be as much fun as going! We've been shopping for sandals and summer clothes, researching beaches and tourist attractions, placing book orders on Amazon (thanks for the suggestions), and counting down the days in anticipation!

4. QOTD: Annie: "This show is soooo boring....wait.....what does boring mean again?"

5. Did you know that winter sucks the moisture out of my body like you wouldn't believe? My hands are the absolute worst with dishes and diaper changes. Today, at the mall I sampled and bought this. Can I just say, soft smooth hands with a springy cherry blossom scent. A simply delightful splurge that I would never normally take, but since I'm going to Hawaii, I did;)

6. Last night, Joe and I made the drastic decision to switch sides of the bed. It's something we've thought about doing for some time now and, finally, we just decided to go for it. What can I say, we like to live on the edge. Not sure if it's going to keep-we'll see.

7. A picture of Ben:

This is his little "Entourage" of things he hauls with him everywhere he goes.

8. For some bizarre reason, the children have been waking up at 6:30 in the morning. SUCH a tragedy for me as I am soooo not a 6:30 am girl. Hopefully things will go back to normal with the time change.

9. Did you know that the new season of "Dancing with the stars" starts the day we get back from our trip? Is it sad that I do?

10. I'm wading through mountains of Barbies. Becca brought them with her to play today. The girls dumped the entire box out, fought over the prince, and then proceeded to ignore them while they built an extravagant home in the hall bathroom. I never did stuff like that when I was a kid ;)

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Ok. So I am so happy for you that you are going to Hawaii. I am still on a high from our trip. You are going to love it!! The Polynesian Cultural Center is great! Especially the show at the end of the night. Wait until you see those Tahitian girls shake it!!

You aren't going to want to leave. And when you write a blog about how you visualize yourself living there for a few years, make sure I am your neighbor. OH!! I want to go back so badly.

Jill said...

Oh Emily I love your posts! Have fun on your trip!

The Rexburgites said...

I just love the ten tuesdays! There should be a ten every day. The whole extravagant barbie house thing sounded a lot like me. I hope your trip is marvelous, I can't wait to see the post after that....and Dane's family has TV so I'll get to see a bit of dancing with the stars! woohoo

Des said...

The best part of this post for me was the QOTD:) I can totally hear Annie saying that! So cute.