1. Ben's arrival into our family was a huge exciting and rewarding suprise! I was shocked to discover I was pregnant and we were thrilled to have this little addition to our family.2. Ben's pregnancy was the craziest I've every had with strange side effects that include but are not limited to: varicose veins, exhaustion, and him turning breach, then back in the last 2 weeks of the pregnancy.
3. Ben's delivery was the fastest and most exciting of all my deliveries. We barely made it to the hospital in time, and Joe had to hold off the security guard to I could sneak on the elevator to make it to the delivery room on time.
4. Ben is such a boy. He loves cars, airplanes, and especially tractors. Whenever we drive anywhere, he loves to point them out to us. He screams, "TRACTOR!! TRACTOR!! SEE? SEE?"

5. Ben was a born ladies man, being the only boy on the Chaffin side with 7 girl cousins, and two sisters. He loves it, and especially his cousin, Amelia. One of the first names he learned to say.

6. Ben is super fast and gets into lots of trouble. He can empty an entire box of Quaker Oats before I can make it across the room. He has definatly added a level of excitement into our household.
7. Ben's color is green, with him being born on St. Patricks day. We decided against the Irish name and settled on buying him lots of green clothes.
8. Of all the kids, Ben is the happiest to have me home. He has kept pretty close and given me lots of random hugs. Having said that, he loved being with Jen and Gma and Gpa and cried when they all left.
9. Ben is named Benjamin Joseph after his Daddy. I think he has his Dad's easy going nature and fun loving attitude. He also likes to run, jump, and play ball like his Dad. We'll all keep our fingers crossed that he will inherit his dad's coordination too!
10. We had a super birthday party complete with birthday dinner by Gma Nan and Monkey cupcakes by Jen. Thanks so much you guys!

5 comments:
Happy Birthday Benjamin! Glad you had a fun day. You may not have any boy cousins but you do have a couple boy second cousins on the Chaffin side! Hope to see you all soon!
Happy Birthday BEN!! I called you on his birthday, and then realized, you came home that day, because it was his birthday!! I'm seriously remembering your story, and it beats them all. So glad Ben wasn't born in the elevator. ;)
I look at these pictures and see how he has grown. What I can't figure out is where the time has gone?? I still have flash backs to our camping trip and he was swaddled up in his blanket swinging away in his swing. And me leaking milk with no back-up! Good times.
oooooh! Those Veins of yours. :) Ouch! 2 already? sigh. geesh. It took you, what, 2 days after you had him to go out with him walking around DC and then scrapbooking with us all. Amazing!
Ben is so big! He actually looks like Bryson to me. I have to do a double take every time I see that first picture of him on this post. I miss you! It looks like Hawaii was a blast. Hope you guys are having fun. Ft Meade misses you. :)
Post a Comment