1. I can remember thinking about how much more time I would have once the girls were in school. Time to finish projects, run errands, keep my house clean. Somehow, since school has started, it seems like I have less time! It feels as though I am always scurrying about, only finishing 3/4 of every project I start. And that is my excuse for no post last week.
2. Since I don't have enough on my plate, I am going to be the art mom for Rachel's kindergarten class. I have a training (seriously) this Wednesday.
3. Sharing a room with Susannah has become increasingly unpleasant. We just adore her, but still, I think we'll be giving her the boot to her own space soon.
4. QOTD: While we are driving to Robert and Summer's house for dinner. Me: remember to have good manners. Say "please" and "thank you" and eat all of your dinner.... Rachel: and don't stand up and take your pants off in the middle of dinner....
5. Did I mention that Joe has a class every Saturday? To kill time, I took the kids to the park and tried to get a decent photo of the 4 of them together. Next Saturday, I will try to lower my expectations and just try to make it to the park.
6. I did love this one:
7. It is officially the first day of Autumn and I am starting to feel the crispness in the air. It is chilly here, and as a result, I flutter about putting socks, sweaters and blankets on all my children, whether they want them or not.
8. Apparently, Susannah is a wonder child that is speaking full sentences, but only to Ben. Luckily, he is happy to share all of her thoughts with us. "Susannah just told me she wants to go to Costco and buy me a big truck with a trailer."
9. Unfortunately, we don't have local channels here, so I have missed the season premiere of The Office and dancing with the stars. It was very sad. I thought about driving to Dale and Sharron's to watch, but figured that would be weird. I'll just have to wait for them to come online.
10. On Sunday, Joe took Susannah to Elder's Quorum and I was able to enjoy a lesson on friendship. I was moved to tears as I sat and pondered how my life has been blessed by great friends. I will be doing some additional posts through the next year to introduce you to some of these great friends including most of the women listed to my right. I've learned it's always great to get to know new people. Even if it's over the internet.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Ten on Tuesday
Posted by Emily at 11:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
i love this post! the qotd is awesome! and... i love that ben totally understands what susannah is saying! what a gifted kid! :)
The photo of your girls is amazing! They are going to love these shots when they're older. Love it!
Wait? You DON'T have more time once your kids are in school--that's what I'm looking forward to!
I feel the same way about not having time! Abby and Andrew are both in school full-time and I only have Avery at home and I swear the day just flies by with barely anything accomplished. I love your quotes of the day and the pics of your kids. Sounds like you guys are settled and doing well. Miss you.
You did get a great picture at the park! and check out Hulu.com, all TV shows online!
I know what you mean about having less time. Between making lunches, getting the kids ready, running Gigi to preschool, and helping with homework there's no time!
Ben cracks me up.
I'd LOVE to have you come & watch DWTS with me!! My regular tv-watching companion either makes lots of sarcastic remarks or exits the room when it comes on. (However he never requests a channel change, so I KNOW he really does love me!)
I adore those 4 beautiful children! Great pics, Em. Bring 'em over to visit soon, ok?
I love the pics! I still can't believe how similar Ben and Bryson look and the more I get to know your little boy, the more I can see how similar they are in other ways, too. So cute! Your QOTDs are the best!
Bummer about the shows! I know you love them so. You definitely have clever little kiddos. I can totally hear Rachel and Ben saying those things, but for some reason I am hearing them say it in Annabel's sweet high pitched voice that I loved and you weren't so fond of... lol!
I am so with you on this school schedule... EXHAUSTING! I think I spend more time in my car then I do at home. I am only lucky enough to have one ride the bus. To make things better, I decided to do a joyschool thing with Natalie:( I am not really loving it. Ok, it sucks. It makes me miss what we had going with Gabby and Annies class. I miss you guys terribly!! I thought it would be a good way to makes some friends. Not so much. Maybe my problem is I compare too much. I also had moist eyes through our Relief Society lesson on friendship. The teacher did such a great job. I definently had a few names in my head through the whole class. Wish we lived closer. I LOVE the pictures you took at the park. That is a bummer that Joe has class on Saturday. I hope you find ways to get your eyes on DWTS...your the only one that shares the love! I hope you are adjusting to the new place and making some good friends. I will email you my number because I have not been successful with the ones I have for you. Sure wish you were coming in Jan. I can't tell you how much I would love that. But I totally understand. Plus, at least we are in driving distance. Missing you!
Post a Comment