Tuesday, September 1, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. We made it! Moving was awful. And made even worse by a nasty flu bug, big time crunch and the enormous amount of crap we've collected through the years . Luckily our family is always around to give us a hand and we couldn't have done it without them. Thanks again guys!

2. 2nd day of the second week of school, that's how long it took me to find our camera. Still have yet to get a photo of Annabel.



3. Our new digs.
Negatives: Huge slanted driveway, weird burgundy walls, no AC
Positives: Very big with way more space, A room for Susannah (not that she's sleeping in it yet), Nice quiet neighborhood.

4. The best part, the school bus that picks up the girls and brings them home (yes they bus for kindergarten) it is so great.


5. Since moving in, the girls have begun a yard beautification project that involves excavating all of the decorative rocks around the trees, bringing them into the dining room for a good scrubbing with dish soap and a tooth brush, then wrapping them in damp paper towels to soak up the sun in the window sills before being returned outside. FUN STUFF.


6.The girls both love school and have both made new friends. Rachel loves playing and when her teacher, Mrs. Anderson, talks about the minute monster that eats up all their time. Annie loves Fun Fridays when they play with dinosaurs and puzzles.

7. QOTD: (Ben singing to Susannah) Patty cake patty cake bakers man, bake me a cake as fast as you can. Roll it. Pull it. Microwave the B. Then throw it in the oven for baby and me!

8. We are already loving being a little closer to family. Laurel came and stayed the night and then Gma and Laurel and Dane stopped for dinner. Ben loved the wrestling and Susannah loved the snuggles.


9. Ben has been a little bored since the girls have gone to school and has taken to stuffing random food items and toys up his nose. I've begun finding other activities to keep him occupied in an attempt to avoid a ER visit.

10. Yesterday, Rachel learned that dreams really do come true when I took the girls to sign up for ballet. We'll see how much she actually loves it once classes start;)

9 comments:

Lucy said...

Glad to have you back.. I've been thinking about you!!

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Okay Emily, am I the only one who still has NO idea where you are now?
Glad you made it to (wherever)!
Sorry you've all been sick, that makes it all worse!
I'm happy you've posted again, I've been wondering how you were! And i had no idea how to contact you since, well, I have NO IDEA where you are!!!
;)

Gma Higbee said...

We're glad to hear all is going well. Once the dust settles from your mad-paced move, I think you'll all really like living there. We can hardly wait to zip over to visit, but we'll give you a little more time to catch your breath!

Emily said...

Kala, and those of you wondering where I am. I don't like to put stuff about our location on my blog, but we did move where everyone thought we were moving to. You can contact me through facebook or email me at emilyhigbee at gmail dot com

Harmony said...

The comments are cracking me up--"we moved where everyone thought we were moving" Okay.

How cool about the school bus! I still drive Colin to school--I WISH we had a bus.

Love the updates, as always!

Alleman Family said...

I'm glad you made it! Looks like your girls are having lots of fun!

Des said...

Emily, happy to hear that you survived the move. I have tried calling both of the numbers I have for you but have had zero success. I figured that your house phone would be disconnected but your cell phone has also not worked for me. So...when you get a chance could you give me a ring. It's got to be a relief to be in your new place with kids in school. Now it is probably all about finding your new grove with the new schedule and place. I am excited that it will be so much easier to see you guys as we pass through your location!:)

D'Neill said...

I'm glad you got moved - moving is the WORST! Especially with a new baby!

Monique said...

oh boy. You have been through a TON!! So did the State BUY your house from you?? That is just crazy! Hope you settle in nicely, then send your new contact info soon. Hang in there!