1. Another crazy week. I can't believe it's Tuesday again!
2. The kids are going to have a few days off school pretty soon, and I'm trying to come up with something fun/cheap to do with them. Do you think it's strange if I drive to Salmon and stay with my sister's in-laws? I can see you all nodding your heads. That's what I thought.
3. Sunday was the kids primary program at church. I held Susannah and Joe held Ben and we watched the girls sing. I cried. Especially when they sang this song
1. Our Father has a family. It’s me!
It’s you, all others too: we are His children.
He sent each one of us to earth, through birth,
To live and learn here in fam’lies.
2. A father’s place is to preside, provide,
To love and teach the gospel to his children.
A father leads in fam’ly prayer to share
Their love for Father in Heaven.
3. A mother’s purpose is to care, prepare,
To nurture and to strengthen all her children.
She teaches children to obey, to pray,
To love and serve in the fam’ly.
4. I’ll love and serve my family and be
A good example to each fam’ly member.
And when I am a mom or dad, so glad,
I’ll help my fam’ly remember:
God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be—
This is how He shares His love, for the fam’ly is of God.
Joe put his arm around me and I felt a witness from the Holy Ghost that the Family is of God. That is how he shares his love, and for it I am eternally grateful.
4. Summer came over yesterday and we sewed all day. The kids ran and played and we had a great time.
5. Annabel is becoming a little gymnast on the swing set.

6. There's nothing like coloring outside on a nice fall day. On a sled. With an Easter basket full of crayons. Can you tell we haven't found a place for some of those random items yet?
7. QOTD: A conversation with one of Rachel's classmates while I was volunteering at school. Little girl: So you're Rachel's mom.
Me: yes, I am
LG: I like Rachel, she's nice....Did you know she had a sister?
Me: Really?
LG: Yeah, Annabel, that's a funny name isn't it?
8. We've moved Susannah into her own room and all of us are sleeping much better- what a relief!
9. Still no offer on our house. We're not quite to the just burn it down for the insurance money point, but we're close.
10. A more normal photo of Annie:
8 comments:
LOVE the new blog title picture!
I've never heard of that song, but the lyrics are just perfect!
Isn't the state going to buy your house since they're paving a road through your living room?
Glad Susannah has her own room, and hopefully you're resting better now!
Are you serious about coming to Salmon?! ;)
Now I'm sad. Josh is leaving 2 days before our program. I get to hold both babies alone... Family is where it's at. Stay together families of the world!! :)
I ALWAYS cry during the Primary Program...and when they sing for mothers day...and fathers day..and Christmas..you get the idea. I love hearing kids sing :)
More like: Stunning photo of Annie. And I LOVE the censored pic!! haha! I do cry when my kids sing in front of people. They bring the BEST spirit. Also, you will always be #1 in my book!! You need to post that grape jelly page! I lOOOOVE That one!
Come & visit the Higbee hive!! We'd love to have your gang come for a long weekend or whatever!
Congrats on the srapping nomination. You certainly deserve it! And I adore that photo of Annie... such a sweet expression.
We had our Primary prog. last Sun., too. They sang that same song as the intro (with the congregation joining in) and I bawled, too. Wonderful message.
I LOVE that song! For some reason they sang that song last year in the primary program up in Mud Lake. It was a special musical number that just a couple of kids sang. I cried as well. I was thrilled to find that my kids would be learning it this year for the primary program. We love to listen to it in the car. It has such a powerful message. I bet it is great having the baby out of your room. We are in the thinking process right now to do the same thing. Sorry to hear about the house. When is the state going to buy it already? Oh, and if you get cabin fever with the kids home...there's always a crazy house down south that would LOVE to have you come for a visit anytime:)
I can't believe how much Annie looks the same, yet so much older. She's beautiful. Good luck with your house. We just found renters for one of ours. What a hassle.
I miss you! I hope Pocatello is treating you right. And I thought you were renting the house before it gets torn down. What happened there?
Post a Comment